A rewarding career with Vitality
When you choose a career with Vitality, you’ll get an extensive reward package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to five days each holiday year
- A discretionary bonus, based on personal and company performance
- A matched stakeholder pension plan
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- VitalityHealth insurance – our award-winning cover which includes rewards for healthy habits
- A Personal Health Fund you can use to pay for services like dental, ophthalmic and chiropractic treatment
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme with free access to free counselling, legal advice and financial advice
- Free quit smoking courses
- Exclusive access to Vitality events and staff discounts
Employees also have access to free, onsite Vitality health checks, discounts on health screens, bicycle lock up racks, shower facilities, free fruit and breakfast at our onsite restaurants.
We are obsessed with providing extraordinary service to every person we come into contact with, be it our customers, colleagues or clients. Whether it’s through efficient and speedy processes, brilliant products or professional and caring people, we aim to exceed expectations every time. It’s because of this that our people do some amazing things and we like to reward them in amazing ways.
Our Star Awards programme recognises those people who go above and beyond in helping to deliver our vision and values.
Every year we send our annual Star Award winners on an all-expenses paid trip of a lifetime. The destination each year is one of our best kept secrets and previous trips have included Paris, Italy, New York, Dubai, the Maldives and Australia, where our winners have experienced some truly unforgettable moments
We want to provide the best environment for our people and we know that positive, inspirational leadership is a huge part of this. Our leaders are chosen for their ability to deliver and exceed our business objectives and to enable their people to do the same.
Vitality leaders are guided by our Leadership charter, and are supported in their own development through development programmes, exposure to highly regarded thought leaders and opportunities to engage with our senior leadership team.
Our leaders must be passionate about motivating, inspiring and enabling their people to develop beyond their expectations and deliver their very best.
Vitality - A force for social good
Robyn Winfield, Head of Central Communications
In simple terms, because our customers stay healthy, they need to claim less, but they still benefit from all the rewards and discounts that Vitality offers regardless of whether they’re ill or not. If they do need to claim they can count on the best healthcare available and fantastic support throughout.
That’s good news for us and our customers, and by encouraging people to be healthier, it helps to address some of the health related issues facing our society such as obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Britain’s Healthiest Workplace
Since its launch in 2013, 230 companies have taken part (that’s 65,696 employees) and previous winners include organisations such as Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Adidas UK and Sweaty Betty.
Our people raise money through the Healthy Giving scheme, which sees the Vitality points they earn turned into pounds.
Our Making a Difference committees also take part in and organise fundraising events throughout the year and last year, our people raised over £20,000 for our charities.
More than just a job
A career with Vitality means lots of opportunities to get involved in a huge variety of events.
- Vitality World Triathlon in Hyde park.
- Big walkies event
- Enjoy the Vitality VIP experience at Premiership football games, rugby and cricket.
- Health checks and classes during our Vitality Wellness weeks.
- Employee Ambassadors can visit our Discovery colleagues in South Africa.
- Take part in the Vitality Run Series