VitalityHealth and VitalityLife are owned by our parent company, Discovery Holdings, a global insurance organisation that covers over 5 million people worldwide.
Here’s a timeline to explain where we came from.
- Stanley unveiled as part of our first national TV advertising campaign.
- New Sponsorship partnerships unveiled with English Rugby Union (RFU) and Scottish Rubgy Union (SRU).
- Sports bulletin sponsorship with Sky News launches on TV and digital channels.
- New sponsorship partnerships unveiled with Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool football clubs.
- Discovery Ltd takes full ownership of PruHealth and PruProtect and we are rebranded VitalityHealth and VitalityLife.
- Jessica Ennis-Hill is unveiled as the first Vitality Ambassador.
- The first Vitality magazine is delivered to our members.
- Jonny Wilkinson is unveiled as the second Vitality Ambassador.
- Vitality Branding appears pitch side at the England leg of the Ashes Tour.
- Lord Sebastian Coe is unveiled as the third Vitality Ambassador.
- Discovery Ltd launches a joint venture with AIA Group ltd in Singapore, the largest publicly listed Pan-Asian insurance group.
- The Vitality Institute opens in the US, which aims to contribute to and encourage debate around wellness and health promotion in the US.
If Discovery was listed in the UK, it would form part of the FTSE 100
Discovery generates annual revenues of £4.5bn, and has grown earnings by nearly 25% per annum componded since 2000
Discovery operates in 11 markets across Europe, Asia, the US, and Africa with over 6 million members globally
The Vitality Programme is the world's longest-standing incentive based health promotion programme, with nearly 4 million members worldwide
Vitality subsidies over 600,000 gym memberships for Vitality members
Vitality members record 1.6m readings from wearable devices and physical activity apps each day
Discovery discounts over 1m flights each year as a reward for members engaging in healthy lifestyle activities
The Vitality programme goes to China and is offered to Ping An clients, which is partly owned by Discovery.
Discovery Ltd acquires Standard Life Healthcare, and PruHealth becomes the fourth largest Private Medical Insurance company in the UK.
Discovery Ltd and Prudential plc. launch PruProtect, offering protection products to the UK market.
Discovery Ltd and Prudential plc announce their joint venture and launch PruHealth in the UK. They offer a different kind of health cover which not only provides people with cover when they’re ill, but also helps them stay healthy by offering incentives and rewards.
Discovery Vitality is launched, the start of our internationally recognised, scientifically proven wellbeing programme.
Discovery Ltd is started in South Africa as a small, specialist risk insurer.