Add some out of this world fun to your kids’ lunchboxes with this Disney · Pixar TOY STORY bento box!
This Alien Bento Box is inspired by the Aliens from Toy Story and will help get some fruit and veg into your kids’ diets.
How to make it
- Slice cucumber into rounds, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a small knife, trim 2 pointy ear pieces, then join them with a semi circle to make the head. Save the extra piece for later.
- With a small circle fondant cutter, cut one circle out of a slice of boiled egg white for the middle eye. Line up the cutter to the edge of the first circle to cut two crescent side "eyes." (Hint: If you do not have fondant cutters, a fatter straw will work too.)
- Adhere the eyes to the top of the cucumber with tiny dots of cream cheese or hummus. A toothpick can help position the eye pieces.
- From the extra cucumber piece, slice off a thin layer of outer peel. Using cutters, decorating tips, or various sized straws, cut three smaller circles for the eyes and one slightly larger circle for the mouth.
- Attach eyes and mouth with cream cheese/hummus and a toothpick.
- Cut one more circle from a thicker piece of cucumber and peel, approximately the same size as the mouth.
- Break a small piece of spaghetti noodle (1/2 to 3/4 inch), poke through the last circle and into the top center of the alien's head to make the antenna. Keep the extra pieces of cucumber for lunches or salads, use the remaining boiled eggs for egg salad pitta sandwiches.
- Mini pitta sandwiches: make egg salad from remaining boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Slice the top of a mini pitta and fill with egg salad.
- Melon stars: slice melon into thicker slices (1/4 to 1/2 inch thick) then cut stars using a small cookie cutter. Save extra pieces for fruit salad or just for underneath the stars in the bento.