Bring a touch of Mickey to the party with this show-stopping Festive Fruit Tree.
Sure to wow guests, and best of all get the kids excited about eating fruit! All topped with some Mickey magic, what’s not to love!
How to make it
- Start by cutting kiwis into cubes.
- Use a fruit cutter to cut shapes from slices of pineapple. Next peel the clementines and separate into pieces. Put the berries and grapes into separate bowls to make decorating easy.
- To make the trunk carve a hole into the apple big enough for a carrot to fit inside, ensuring not to make it too big. Pop the carrot inside with the thin end directed upward.
- Start by adding the toothpicks into an apple as shown. To make it look tree shaped, cut the toothpicks to different lengths, adjusting as you go up the carrot.
- Start adding any fruits you like in any design. Get the kids to help adding the fruit to the tree.
- Now finally for the tree topper, who better to top the tree than Mickey? Use a Mickey cookie cutter or free-hand cut out a nice, melon Mickey, attaching with an additional cocktail stick.