- If you have been claims-free for 1 year, we’ll match your existing quote
- If you have been claims-free for 2 years, we’ll beat your existing quote by 5%
- If you have been claims-free for 5 years, we’ll beat your existing quote by 10%
- If you recommend a friend or family member to VitalityHealth and they purchase a plan, you will both receive a £50 John Lewis gift card
How it works: If you are an existing member and want to recommend a friend, you can use our online referral platform. If you have been referred by an existing member, call us to purchase a plan or tailor the right level of cover for you. A minimum premium and further terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
(a) comply with these terms and conditions;
(b) hold an active private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy with in-patient and day-patient cover with one of VitalityHealth’s direct competitors (including but not limited to AXA PPP Healthcare, BUPA, Aviva and Simplyhealth); and
(c) have not made a claim on any PMI policy for:
I. the last five years (a “10% offer Eligible Participant”)
II. the last two years (a “5% offer Eligible Participant”)
III. In the last year (a “matching offer Eligible Participant”)
Together referred to as the “Eligible Participants”.
Individual customers who have held a VitalityHealth Plan within 6 months from the Offer commencement date will not be deemed “new” customers and are therefore not eligible to receive the Offer.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the following PMI policies are excluded from the offer:
(a) six week PMI policies or PMI polices with a six week option;
(b) health cash PMI policies;
(c) PMI policies with an excess of over £1,000; and
(d) PMI policies which only cover diagnoses and not treatment of a condition (diagnostic only PMI policies).
3. The VitalityHealth Insurance quotation must be obtained either directly with VitalityHealth or through an adviser who is operating in one of VitalityHealth’s “Sales Channels”. For the purposes of these terms, a Sales Channel shall be deemed to include a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
4. Eligible Participants must give one of the following to their chosen Sales Channel at the point of submitting their VitalityHealth Insurance application:
(a) in the case of Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance which would incept in the 'renewal cycle' of their existing PMI policy, a copy of their renewal quote; or
(b) in the case of all other Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance which would incept prior to the 'renewal cycle' of their existing PMI policy, documentation confirming their existing PMI policy premium;
‘renewal cycle’ refers to the period from 30 days prior to renewal date up to and beyond the renewal date.
Each a “Competitor’s Quote”.
5. The insurance quotation given by the chosen Sales Channel for the VitalityHealth Insurance (“VitalityHealth Quote”) will be based on the equivalent level of cover provided under the Competitor’s Quote. For the avoidance of doubt, the VitalityHealth Quote will be priced on comparable benefits and exclusions incorporated in an Eligible Participant’s current PMI policy, in accordance with the Switch Guidelines issued to the Sales Channel by VitalityHealth. A minimum monthly premium payment of £35 will apply to any VitalityHealth Insurance plan. The criteria on which the quotations will be matched is as follows:
(a) the closest level of excess (if the same excess is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available excess level below the Competitor Quote’s excess level);
(b) the closest level of psychiatric cover (if the same psychiatric cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit);
(c) the closest level of out-patient benefit (if the same out-patient cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit; and
(d) the closest hospital list (excluding Countrywide Plus Hospital list outside the M25); the “Matching Criteria”.
6. The following offers will not be deemed by VitalityHealth to form part of the Competitor’s Quote and will be excluded from the comparison for the purposes of the Matching Criteria:
(a) dental, travel or other discounted, free or non PMI modules; and
(b) months’ free offers and other negotiated discounts.
7. Subject to the quotations being successfully matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth may offer the VitalityHealth Insurance to:-
a) the 10% offer Eligible Participants at a minimum of 10 per cent (excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Competitor’s Quote (the “ 10% Discount”); or
b) the 5% offer Eligible Participants at a minimum of 5 per cent (excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Competitor’s Quote (the “ 5% Discount”); or
c) the matching offer Eligible Participants at the matched price of the Eligible participant’s current premium or renewal quote (“the Matching Offer”).
8. For the avoidance of doubt the 5% Discount may be either a minimum of (i) 5% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s renewal quote or (ii) 5% cheaper than the Eligible Participant’s current premium if they are outside the renewal period.
9. For the avoidance of doubt the 10% Discount may be either a minimum of (i) 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s renewal quote or (ii) 10% cheaper than the Eligible Participant’s current premium if they are outside the renewal cycle.
10. The 10% Discount, 5% Discount and Matching Offer will always be subject to the minimum monthly premium payments for any VitalityHealth Insurance plan of £35 and may be adjusted accordingly.
11. Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the insurance certificate for their existing PMI policy (detailing cover levels, exclusions and member details) to VitalityHealth on request.
12. VitalityHealth reserves the right to request an original copy of the Competitor’s Quote from an Eligible Participant at any time.
13. Should the Eligible Participant fail to provide satisfactory evidence of the Competitor’s Quote, or where the documents provided to VitalityHealth in response to the requirements set out in either clauses 10 and/or 11 above reveals that the Competitor’s Quote cannot be matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth will not be obliged to provide the 10% Discount, the 5% Discount or the Matching Offer and any VitalityHealth Insurance purchased will be charged at the full market rate.
14. VitalityHealth reserves the right to extend the promotional period at any time. VitalityHealth Quotes will be valid for thirty days from the date of issue. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders.
15. Eligible Participants acknowledge and agree that VitalityHealth Insurance is an annual contract and subject to a price review at each renewal in the future. The matched, 10% or 5% Switch offer Discount will be applied to the new business standard premium (subject always to clauses 16 and 17 below).
16. Eligible Participants acknowledge that in the event of inaccurate or incomplete information being provided that impacts the premiums or terms of VitalityHealth Insurance in any way, the Matching Offer, the 5% Discount and the 10% Discount (as applicable) will cease to be applied and VitalityHealth reserves the right to charge the full rate for the plan.
17. VitalityHealth reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time, including in the event of fraudulent behaviour.
18. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
19. This offer is made by Vitality Corporate Services Limited (company number 05933141) of 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ, trading as VitalityHealth. VitalityHealth is the trading name of Vitality Corporate Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
2. Saving applies to family cover which includes one adult or more and one or more children. The saving applies to family cover with children on the plan compared to the price of individual health insurance cover for each family member. All children covered must live at the same address as the primary planholder.
2. The “Promotion” means the Recommend a friend promotion which these Terms and Conditions specifically apply to.
3. All existing VitalityHealth planholders (“Referring Members) who recommend a new member to VitalityHealth (“Referred Members”) shall be eligible to receive one (1) John Lewis gift card to the value of £50 (Pounds Sterling), per new individual member who purchases a VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, the definition of a Referring Member does not include any person that has made a recommendation in their capacity as a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
4. All new Referred Members who have registered for this Promotion following a recommendation from a Referring Member, and who subsequently purchase a VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare Plan, shall also be eligible to receive one (1) John Lewis gift card to the value of £50 (Pounds Sterling).
5. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders adding new members to an existing VitalityHealth plan.
6. Business customers are not eligible for this Promotion.
7. The Referring Member and Referred Member must both provide a valid, active email address. We cannot be held responsible for an invalid email address or other problems relating to the delays to the delivery of or non-receipt of emails, including the effect of spam filters.
8. The Referring Member confirms that they have received the consent of the Referred Member to pass the Referred Member’s contact details to VitalityHealth for the purposes of this offer. In the event the Referring Member has not gained the Referred Member’s consent, the Referring Member will not be eligible to receive a gift card and shall be liable for any claim made by the Referred Member against VitalityHealth.
9. The Referred Member must register for the Promotion before they take out their plan. They can register either through the online channel where they received the recommendation or by calling Vitality on 0800 779 955 and providing the unique short referral code (up to 5 digits) given to them by the Referring Member. If the Referred Member takes out a VitalityHealth plan through the online channel, they must stay on the same device (i.e. PC or phone) during the application process so the recommendation can be tracked.
10. All transactions must be validated by Us before the gift card can be issued. Once the Referred Member's VitalityHealth plan has been live for three months, they and the Referring Member will become eligible for their gift cards. The gift card will not be issued to either the Referring or the Referred Members should either cancel or suspend their VitalityHealth plan within three months of the inception date of the Referred Member’s VitalityHealth plan.
11. When the Referring Member and Referred Member are eligible for their gift cards, they will both receive an email asking them to visit a reward claim web page. On that page, they can choose to receive their gift card either online (an email with a link to a PDF e-code voucher) or offline (a physical gift card in the post). If they choose to receive their gift card offline, they must provide details of a postal address that the gift card can be sent to.
12. The gift card is not transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. We reserve the right to substitute the John Lewis gift card with another gift card of similar value, in the event the John Lewis gift card is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
13. We are unable to respond to queries about non-receipt of the gift card until 120 days after the Referred Member’s plan start date.
14. If you believe you are eligible for a gift card but have not received one, We will investigate your claim provided We receive your enquiry within 60 days of the Promotion closure date. In this case it may take longer to issue you with a gift card.
16. If you have any queries with regard to the gift card and/or this Promotion, please contact the rewards customer services team using the enquiry form.
17. Please note this Promotion is being monitored. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel transactions suspected of being fraudulent and such customers may have their details passed to the relevant authorities for further investigation.
18. We accept no liability for lost entries and no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Promotion, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an ability to participate in the Promotion.
19. To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered by participating in this Promotion and/or arising out of the enjoyment of the reward.
20. Each Referring Member/Referred Member pair can only receive their respective gift cards once.
21. This Promotion is not available for use in conjunction with any other promotion. We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate the Promotion at any stage without prior notice. This Promotion is administered by Optimise Media (UK) Limited on behalf of VitalityHealth.