Get Amazon Echo Dot for £0 when you join VitalityHealth
- Offer applies to new Personal Healthcare plans. Offer runs 12.03.2018 to 30.06.2018 inclusive.
Find out more
Switching to Vitality from another provider
- If you have been claims-free for 1 year, we’ll match your existing quote
- If you have been claims-free for 2 years, we’ll beat your existing quote by 5%
- If you have been claims-free for 5 years, we’ll beat your existing quote by 10%
Find out more
Couples / Family savings
- Savings are available on couple and family health insurance plans
Recommend a friend
- If you recommend a friend or family member to VitalityHealth and they purchase a plan, you will both receive a £50 John Lewis gift card
How it works: If you are an existing member and want to recommend a friend, you can use our online referral platform. If you have been referred by an existing member, call us to purchase a plan or tailor the right level of cover for you. A minimum premium and further terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
a) the “Offer” means one (1) Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Generation, black or white, for qualifying Eligible Members.
b) the ‘Offer Period” means 12th March to 30th June 2018 inclusive, during which the Qualifying Plan application must be received by the Promoter in order to qualify for the Offer.
c) the “Promoter” means Vitality Corporate Services Limited trading as VitalityHealth (registered number 05933141) of 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ.
d) the “Vitality Health Review” means the online tool accessed through the Vitality Member Zone designed to give a Vitality member a snapshot of their overall health based on lifestyle, health measures and exercise factors.
e) “Eligible Members” means new individual Vitality customers who do not currently have a VitalityHealth plan, who elect to commence cover with a Qualifying Plan with either Moratorium or Full Medical Underwriting and complete the online Vitality Health Review within 30 days of taking out the plan. “Eligible Members” does not include customers being added to an existing VitalityHealth plan or individual customers who have held a VitalityHealth plan within the six (6) months prior to the date their new plan incepts and such customers will not be eligible to receive the Offer.
f) The “Qualifying Plan” means one new Vitality Personal Healthcare plan quoted with a minimum monthly premium from £35 (inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax), purchased by an Eligible Member during the Offer Period. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Eligible Member purchases more than one Vitality Personal Healthcare plan, the Offer will only apply to the first purchase.
2. In order to redeem the Offer, Eligible Members are required to purchase a Qualifying Plan within the Offer Period.
3. In order to claim the Offer, Eligible Members will be sent an email with a promotional code that can be used at checkout at amazon.co.uk in order to receive the Amazon Echo Dot 2nd Generation for £0. This will be sent after the first (1st) monthly premium installment payable by the Eligible Member under the relevant Qualifying Plan has been received and the Eligible Member has completed their online Vitality Health Review within 30 days of taking out the plan. Customers should be aware that it may take up to two (2) months to receive this email to redeem the Offer and the promotional code will be valid until 30th September 2018 inclusive. Under no circumstances can the promotional code validity period be extended. The Eligible Member can elect to receive the Offer by standard or express delivery on amazon.co.uk. If the Eligible Member elects standard delivery, this is free of charge and will arrive within 3-5 days. If the Eligible Member elects express delivery, this will incur an additional cost to be paid directly by the Eligible Member.
4. Eligible Members acknowledge and agree that a Vitality Personal Healthcare plan is an annual contract. The Offer will not apply to Vitality Personal Healthcare plans payable in monthly installments that are terminated prior to the payment of the first (1st) monthly premium for any reason.
5. Any decisions made by the Promoter over eligibility or otherwise in relation to the Offer are final, will not be open to dispute and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offers, discounts, or incentives that may be available during the Offer Period.
7. Other than as permitted under clauses 8 and 12, the Offer is not transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Offer with another offer of similar value in the event that the original Offer is not available due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
9. No responsibility is taken for Vitality Personal Healthcare plan applications that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete due to server functions, viruses, bugs or any other causes outside the Promoter’s control.
10. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any person or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring in relation to the Offer except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The statutory rights of Eligible Members are not affected.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time with immediate effect via the Promoter’s web site.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, extend or withdraw the Offer at any time with immediate effect, including in the event of fraudulent behaviour.
13. Amazon is not a sponsor of, and does not endorse, the Offer.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
1. This offer is open to all new individuals purchasing a new VitalityHealth Personal Health Insurance policy (“VitalityHealth Insurance”) who:
(a) comply with these terms and conditions;
(b) hold an active individual private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy with another PMI insurer (including but not limited to AXA PPP Healthcare, BUPA, Aviva and Simplyhealth), or is in receipt of an individual continuation option from their current insurer; and
(c) fulfil the medical criteria as set out in Question 1 and Question 2 of the quote process
(d) is switching all lives on the active individual private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy to VitalityHealth.
Together referred to as the “Eligible Participants”.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the following PMI products are excluded from the offer as the products are materially different from our Vitality Health proposition.
a) Bupa Heartbeat – Health Care Select Option Heart & Cancer options only
b) AXAPPP First Healthcare
c) AXAPPP Retirement Essentials
d) Aviva Speed Diagnostics
e) Freedom Your Choice
f) National Friendly – All products
g) WPA – All products
h) Health-on-line Priority Diagnostics#
i) Health-on-line Heart & Cancer
j) HealthPlan Saver
3. For the avoidance of doubt, the following PMI products are included in the offer on the basis appropriate premium adjustments are made, as shown on the Switch & Save Calculator
a) Aviva 6 week option
b) Axa 6 week option
c) AxaPPP dental and optical cash benefit
d) Aviva dental and optical cash benefit
e) AXA PPP NHS cancer product
f) BUPA Treatment and Care
g) Aviva Protected NCD
4. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the Sales Channel’s responsibility to make the VitalityHealth Quote clear to the customer as well as any differences between the customer’s current insurance policy with a third party PMI insurer and their new Vitality insurance policy
5. The VitalityHealth Insurance quotation must be obtained either directly with VitalityHealth or through an adviser who is operating in one of VitalityHealth’s “Sales Channels”. For the purposes of these terms, a Sales Channel shall be deemed to include a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
6. Eligible Participants must give one of the following to their chosen Sales Channel at the point of submitting their VitalityHealth Insurance application:
(a) in the case of Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance within 30 days of the renewal date of their existing PMI policy, a copy of their renewal quote; or
(b) in the case of all other Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance 31+ days prior to the renewal date of their existing PMI policy, documentation confirming their existing PMI policy premium.
Each a “Competitor’s Quote”.
7. Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to be insured for the required period of time at the start date of their policy with VitalityHealth. For example - should an Eligible Participant be insured for 12 continuous months at the renewal date of their current policy, they are not eligible to incept the policy with VitalityHealth earlier than their renewal date.
8. The insurance quotation given by the chosen Sales Channel for the VitalityHealth Insurance (“VitalityHealth Quote”) will be based on the equivalent level of cover provided under the Competitor’s Quote. For the avoidance of doubt, the VitalityHealth Quote will be priced on comparable benefits and exclusions incorporated in an Eligible Participant’s current PMI policy, in accordance with the Switch Guidelines issued to the Sales Channel by VitalityHealth. A minimum monthly premium payment of £35 will apply to any VitalityHealth Insurance policy. The criteria on which the quotations will be matched is as follows:
(a) the closest level of excess (if the same excess is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available excess level below the Competitor Quote’s excess level);
(b) the closest level of psychiatric cover (if the same psychiatric cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit);
(c) the closest level of out-patient benefit (if the same out-patient cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit; and
(d) the closest hospital list; the “Matching Criteria”.
9. The following offers will not be deemed by VitalityHealth to form part of the Competitor’s Quote and will be excluded from the comparison for the purposes of the Matching Criteria:
(a) discounted, free or non PMI modules (please note that dental and travel cover modules are included in the offer); and
(b) months’ free offers and other negotiated discounts.
10. Subject to the quotations being successfully matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth may offer the VitalityHealth Insurance to Eligible Participants at a premium 5 per cent to 10 per cent (excluding any applicable insurance premium tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Competitor’s Quote (‘the Discount Offer’);
11. If the Competitor’s Quote contains certain elements of cover that are not included in the VitalityHealth Insurance policy, the Competitor’s Quote will be adjusted accordingly in order to reflect a true comparable quote. This means that if the Competitor’s Quote contains a benefit or a term that VitalityHealth Insurance does not offer, the value of the additional benefit or differing term will be subtracted from or added to the Competitor’s Quote to create a comparable figure. This will be referred to as the “Adjusted Competitor Premium”.
12. Subject to the quotations being successfully adjusted for cover differences, VitalityHealth may offer VitalityHealth Insurance to Eligible Participants at a premium 5 per cent to 10 per cent (excluding any applicable insurance premium tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Adjusted Competitor Premium (the ‘Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer’).
13. For the avoidance of doubt the % Discount may be either a minimum of (i) 5% to 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s renewal quote or (ii) 5% to 10% cheaper than the Eligible Participant’s current premium if they are outside the renewal cycle or (iii) 5% to 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s Adjusted Competitor Premium.
‘renewal cycle’ refers to the period from 30 days prior to renewal date up to and beyond the renewal date.
14. The offered premium will always be subject to the minimum monthly premium payments for any VitalityHealth Insurance plan of £35 and may be adjusted accordingly.
15. Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the insurance certificate for their existing PMI policy (detailing cover levels, exclusions and member details) to VitalityHealth on request.
16. Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the renewal premium (within 30 days of their current renewal date) or current premium (31+ days from their current renewal date) for their existing PMI policy to VitalityHealth on request.
17. VitalityHealth reserves the right to request an original copy of the Competitor’s Quote from an Eligible Participant at any time.
18. Should the Eligible Participant fail to provide satisfactory evidence of the Competitor’s Quote, or where the documents provided to VitalityHealth in response to the requirements set out in either clauses 11 and/or 12 and/or 13 above reveals that the Competitor’s Quote cannot be matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth will not be obliged to provide the Discount offer or the Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer and any VitalityHealth Insurance purchased will either be recalculated according to the validated premium or cancelled with effect from inception.
19. VitalityHealth Quotes will be valid for thirty days from the date of issue. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders.
20. Eligible Participants acknowledge and agree that VitalityHealth Insurance is an annual contract and subject to a price review at each renewal in the future. The Discount or Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer will be applied to the new business standard premium and, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes VitalityHealth renewals (subject always to clauses 17 and 18 below).
21. Eligible Participants acknowledge that in the event of inaccurate or incomplete information being provided that impacts the premiums or terms of VitalityHealth Insurance in any way, the Discount Offer or the Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer (as applicable) will cease to be applied and VitalityHealth reserves the right to take further action which may include but not be limited to recalculating the rate according to the validated Current Insurer premium or cancelling cover with effect from inception.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
23. This offer is made by Vitality Corporate Services Limited (company number 05933141) of 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ, trading as VitalityHealth. VitalityHealth is the trading name of Vitality Corporate Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
2. Saving applies to family cover which includes one adult or more and one or more children. The saving applies to family cover with children on the plan compared to the price of individual health insurance cover for each family member. All children covered must live at the same address as the primary planholder.
2. The “Promotion” means the Recommend a friend promotion which these Terms and Conditions specifically apply to.
3. All existing VitalityHealth planholders (“Referring Members) who recommend a new member to VitalityHealth (“Referred Members”) shall be eligible to receive one (1) John Lewis gift card to the value of £50 (Pounds Sterling), per new individual member who purchases a VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare Plan. For the avoidance of doubt, the definition of a Referring Member does not include any person that has made a recommendation in their capacity as a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
4. All new Referred Members who have registered for this Promotion following a recommendation from a Referring Member, and who subsequently purchase a VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare Plan, shall also be eligible to receive one (1) John Lewis gift card to the value of £50 (Pounds Sterling).
5. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders adding new members to an existing VitalityHealth plan.
6. Business customers are not eligible for this Promotion.
7. The Referring Member and Referred Member must both provide a valid, active email address. We cannot be held responsible for an invalid email address or other problems relating to the delays to the delivery of or non-receipt of emails, including the effect of spam filters.
8. The Referring Member confirms that they have received the consent of the Referred Member to pass the Referred Member’s contact details to VitalityHealth for the purposes of this offer. In the event the Referring Member has not gained the Referred Member’s consent, the Referring Member will not be eligible to receive a gift card and shall be liable for any claim made by the Referred Member against VitalityHealth.
9. The Referred Member must register for the Promotion before they take out their plan. They can register either through the online channel where they received the recommendation or by calling Vitality on 0800 779 955 and providing the unique short referral code (up to 5 digits) given to them by the Referring Member. If the Referred Member takes out a VitalityHealth plan through the online channel, they must stay on the same device (i.e. PC or phone) during the application process so the recommendation can be tracked.
10. All transactions must be validated by Us before the gift card can be issued. Once the Referred Member's VitalityHealth plan has been live for three months, they and the Referring Member will become eligible for their gift cards. The gift card will not be issued to either the Referring or the Referred Members should either cancel or suspend their VitalityHealth plan within three months of the inception date of the Referred Member’s VitalityHealth plan.
11. When the Referring Member and Referred Member are eligible for their gift cards, they will both receive an email asking them to visit a reward claim web page. On that page, they can choose to receive their gift card either online (an email with a link to a PDF e-code voucher) or offline (a physical gift card in the post). If they choose to receive their gift card offline, they must provide details of a postal address that the gift card can be sent to.
12. The gift card is not transferable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. We reserve the right to substitute the John Lewis gift card with another gift card of similar value, in the event the John Lewis gift card is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
13. We are unable to respond to queries about non-receipt of the gift card until 120 days after the Referred Member’s plan start date.
14. If you believe you are eligible for a gift card but have not received one, We will investigate your claim provided We receive your enquiry within 60 days of the Promotion closure date. In this case it may take longer to issue you with a gift card.
16. If you have any queries with regard to the gift card and/or this Promotion, please contact the rewards customer services team using the enquiry form.
17. Please note this Promotion is being monitored. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel transactions suspected of being fraudulent and such customers may have their details passed to the relevant authorities for further investigation.
18. We accept no liability for lost entries and no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Promotion, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an ability to participate in the Promotion.
19. To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered by participating in this Promotion and/or arising out of the enjoyment of the reward.
20. Each Referring Member/Referred Member pair can only receive their respective gift cards once.
21. This Promotion is not available for use in conjunction with any other promotion. We reserve the right to alter, amend or terminate the Promotion at any stage without prior notice. This Promotion is administered by Optimise Media (UK) Limited on behalf of VitalityHealth.