Switch. You'll feel better
Switch today and you can get up to 10% off your renewal premium1
If you have been in good health for the last three years:
- 10% discount – if anyone to be insured has not experienced symptoms or received any advice for a healthcare professional or received treatment or have treatment planned or expected.
- If this is not the case we ask a small set of simple questions about your health in the last three years. Depending on the answers given we may offer a discount of 5%-9% or match your renewal premium.
- Our closest level of excess (matching down)
- Our closest level of Psychiatric Cover (matching up)
- Our closest level of Therapies (matching up)
- Our closest hospital list (excluding London Care outside the M25)
- For out-patient Cover:
- Match £0 Out-patient with £0 out-patient
- Upgrade to £1,000 Out-patient if currently on greater than £0 and smaller than £1,000
- Upgrade to £1,500 if currently on greater than or equal to £1,000 but not full cover
Full Cover Promise
A unique approach to renewal premiums
Seamless switch process
Rewards for a healthy lifestyle
Switching from a Vitality company scheme?
Get the same great Vitality value and rewards
Keep your Vitality benefits
In fact, if your old scheme didn’t have the Vitality Plus option, you’ll now enjoy lots of extra rewards.
Keep your Vitality status
Leaving your company scheme needn’t mean leaving your Vitality status behind – we’ll protect your current status, so you can keep reaping the rewards of all your hard work.
Keep earning rewards
Remember, by getting active and staying active you can earn regular treats – like weekly cinema tickets at Cineworld or Vue and big savings on return economy British Airways European flights.
1 The offer is for new Personal Healthcare plans with a minimum premium of £35 a month. You must be switching from a current health insurance policy and have been insured for at least 12 months. Your existing cover will be matched as closely as possible by VitalityHealth. The offer excludes health cash plans, plans with an excess over £1,000, plans with dental and optical cover and some restricted cover plans - such as diagnostics only plans.
2 Available on certain iOS and Android devices via an app. Video consultations held within 48 hours of first contact, limited to 4 per member per year and not available on Sundays. Conditions apply.
3 Flexible individual monthly membership. Joining fees are up to £50 for all clubs other than Classic Collection clubs, where joining fees are up to £150. This offer does not apply to Chiswick Riverside Health and Racquet Club.
4 Maximum of three bookings each plan year. Minimum four week booking period applies. This offer does not apply to Eastwell Manor.
Terms and Conditions - for start dates on or after 21st May 2018
1) This offer is open to all new individuals purchasing a new VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare Insurance plan (“VitalityHealth Insurance”) who:
a) comply with these terms and conditions;
b) hold an active individual private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy with another PMI insurer (including but not limited to AXA PPP Healthcare, BUPA, Aviva and Simplyhealth), or is in receipt of an individual continuation option from their current insurer; and
c) fulfil the medical criteria as set out in Question 1 and Question 2 of the quote process.
d) is switching all lives on the active individual private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy to VitalityHealth.
Together referred to as the “Eligible Participants”.
2) The VitalityHealth Insurance quotation must be obtained either directly with VitalityHealth or through an adviser who is operating in one of VitalityHealth’s Sales Channels. For the purposes of these terms, a Sales Channel shall be deemed to include a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
3) For the avoidance of doubt, it is the Sales Channel’s responsibility to make the VitalityHealth Quote clear to the customer as well as any differences between the customer’s current insurance policy with a third party PMI insurer and their new VitalityHealth Insurance plan.
4) Eligible Participants must give one of the following to their chosen Sales Channel at the point of submitting their VitalityHealth Insurance application:
a) in the case of Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance within 30 days of the renewal date of their existing PMI policy, a copy of their renewal quote; or
b) in the case of all other Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance 31+ days prior to the renewal date of their existing PMI policy, documentation confirming their existing PMI policy premium.
Each a “Competitor’s Quote”.
5) Where Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are switching:
a) within the renewal window (30 days prior to renewal), Eligible Participants must have been insured for 12 continuous months at the start date of the plan with VitalityHealth. For those 12 months, Eligible Participants must have been with the same insurer and on the same underwriting terms
b) outside the renewal window, Eligible Participants must have been insured for 15 continuous months at the start date of the plan with VitalityHealth. For those 15 months, Eligible Participant’s must have been with the same insurer and on the same underwriting terms
6) The insurance quotation given by the chosen Sales Channel for the VitalityHealth Insurance (“VitalityHealth Quote”) will be based on the equivalent level of cover provided under the Competitor’s Quote. For the avoidance of doubt, the VitalityHealth Quote will be priced on comparable benefits and exclusions incorporated in an Eligible Participant’s current PMI policy, in accordance with the Switch Guidelines issued to the Sales Channel by VitalityHealth. A minimum monthly premium payment of £35 will apply to any VitalityHealth Insurance plan. The criteria on which the quotations will be matched is as follows:
a) the closest level of excess (if the same excess is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available excess level below the Competitor Quote’s excess level);
b) the closest level of mental health cover (if the same mental health cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit);
c) the closest level of therapies cover (if the same therapies cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit);
d) the closest level of out-patient benefit (if the same out-patient cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit); and
e) the closest hospital list;
the "Matching Criteria".
7) The following offers will not be deemed by VitalityHealth to form part of the Competitor’s Quote and will be excluded from the comparison for the purposes of the Matching Criteria:
a) discounted, free or non PMI modules (please note that dental and travel cover modules are included in the offer); and
b) months’ free offers and other negotiated discounts.
8) Subject to the quotations being successfully matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth may offer the VitalityHealth Insurance to Eligible Participants at a premium 5%to 10% (excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Competitor’s Quote (‘the Discount Offer’);
9) If the Competitor’s Quote contains certain elements of cover that are not included in the VitalityHealth Insurance plan, the Competitor’s Quote will be adjusted accordingly in order to reflect a true comparable quote. This means that if the Competitor’s Quote contains a benefit or a term that VitalityHealth Insurance does not offer, the value of the additional benefit or differing term will be subtracted from or added to the Competitor’s Quote to create a comparable figure. This will be referred to as the “Adjusted Competitor Premium”. For the avoidance of doubt, VitalityHealth may not offer a switch quotation on products that are materially different (in VitalityHealth’s reasonable opinion) from the VitalityHealth Insurance proposition.
10) Subject to the quotations being successfully adjusted for cover differences, VitalityHealth may offer VitalityHealth Insurance to Eligible Participants at a premium 5%to 10%(excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Adjusted Competitor Premium (the ‘Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer’).
11) For the avoidance of doubt the % Discount may be either a minimum of (i) 5% to 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s renewal quote or (ii) 5% to 10% cheaper than the Eligible Participant’s current premium if they are outside the renewal cycle or (iii) 5% to 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s Adjusted Competitor Premium. For the purposes of this clause, ‘renewal cycle’ refers to the period from 30 days prior to the renewal date up to and beyond the renewal date.
12) The offered premium will always be subject to the minimum monthly premium payments for any VitalityHealth Insurance plan of £35 and may be adjusted accordingly.
13) Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the insurance certificate for their existing PMI policy (detailing cover levels, exclusions and member details) to VitalityHealth on request.
14) Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the renewal premium (within 30 days of their current renewal date) or current premium (31+ days from their current renewal date) for their existing PMI policy to VitalityHealth on request.
15) VitalityHealth reserves the right to request an original copy of the Competitor’s Quote from an Eligible Participant at any time.
16) Should the Eligible Participant fail to provide satisfactory evidence of the Competitor’s Quote, or where the documents provided to VitalityHealth in response to the requirements set out in either clauses 9 and/or 10 and/or 11 above reveals that the Competitor’s Quote cannot be matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth will not be obliged to provide the Discount Offer or the Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer and any VitalityHealth Insurance purchased will either be recalculated according to the validated premium or cancelled with effect from inception.
17) VitalityHealth Quotes will be valid for thirty days from the date of issue. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders and dependants.
18) Eligible Participants acknowledge and agree that VitalityHealth Insurance is an annual contract and subject to a price review at each renewal in the future. The Discount Offer or Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer will be applied to the new business standard premium and, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes VitalityHealth renewals (subject always to clauses 15 and 16).
19) Eligible Participants acknowledge that in the event of inaccurate or incomplete information being provided that impacts the premiums or terms of VitalityHealth Insurance in any way, the Discount Offer or the Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer (as applicable) will cease to be applied and VitalityHealth reserves the right to take further action which may include but not be limited to recalculating the rate according to the validated current insurer premium or cancelling cover with effect from inception.
20) These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
21) This offer is made by Vitality Corporate Services Limited (company number 05933141) of 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ, trading as VitalityHealth. VitalityHealth is the trading name of Vitality Corporate Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.