Do you want to save £138?That’s how much Vitality members saved on average by switching to Vitality health insurance1.
You can move to us with no break in your cover, providing you don't cancel your existing plan before we've accepted your application.
Ready to switch? Call 0800 779 955 to get a quote.
Better health, better care
Our Core Cover gives you fast access to the highest-quality private healthcare whenever you need it.
We can also help Vitality members take a more active role in managing their own wellness, developing healthy long-term habits and rewarding their healthy behaviour, in the form of lower renewal premiums.
That’s why for the last 10 years, Defaqto have given us the best rating for health insurance, to give you complete peace of mind.
Why Vitality health insurance is positively different
Full Cover Promise
We’re the health insurer that promises to pay all in-patient and day-patient consultant and anaesthetist fees, as long as the treatment is eligible on your plan and your consultant is recognised by us.
Fast-access to a GP
We’re the health insurer that offers virtual GP services as part of Core Cover, meaning you get help when you need it, in the evenings and on Saturdays.
The right medical expert
Consultant Select gives you complete peace of mind care, by putting your treatment path in the hands of consultants - so we let medical experts decide who should treat you instead of an insurer.
Rewards for healthy living
We’re the health insurer that gives you something back when you get active and track your activity, meaning you can benefit without having to claim.
Renewals as easy as A-B-C
Our approach to renewals is fair, intuitive and transparent, regardless of whether you made a claim. We base your renewal price on three factors:
- A - Age at the time of renewal
- B - Base rate increase
- C - Claims you’ve made alongside your Vitality status – the bit you can control through your activity levels. By staying active and increasing your Vitality status, you can control your costs from year-to-year
More on ABC pricing
Call us on 0808 250 7567
Terms and Conditions - for start dates on or after 9 August 2021
a) comply with these terms and conditions;
b) hold an active individual private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy with another PMI insurer (including but not limited to AXA PPP Healthcare, BUPA, Aviva, Cigna and Freedom Health Insurance), or is in receipt of an individual continuation option from their current insurer;
c) fulfil the medical criteria as set out in Question 1 and Question 2 of the quote process and
d) is switching all lives on the active individual PMI policy to VitalityHealth, together referred to as the “Eligible Participants”.
2) The VitalityHealth Insurance quotation must be obtained either directly with VitalityHealth or through an adviser who is operating in one of VitalityHealth’s Sales
Channels. For the purposes of these terms, a “Sales Channel” shall be deemed to include a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
3) For the avoidance of doubt, it is the Sales Channel’s responsibility to make the VitalityHealth Quote clear to the customer as well as any differences between the customer’s current insurance policy with a third party PMI insurer and their new VitalityHealth Insurance plan.
4) Eligible Participants must give one of the following to their chosen Sales Channel at the point of submitting their VitalityHealth Insurance application:
a) in the case of Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance within 30 days of the renewal date of their existing PMI policy, a copy of their renewal quote; or
b) in the case of all other Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance 31+ days prior to the renewal date of their existing PMI policy, documentation confirming their existing PMI policy premium, each a “Competitor’s Quote”.
5) Eligible Participants must have been insured for 12 continuous months at the start date of the plan with VitalityHealth. For those 12 months, Eligible Participants must have been with the same insurer on the product and benefits they are switching from and on the same underwriting terms.
6) The insurance quotation given by the chosen Sales Channel for the VitalityHealth Insurance (“VitalityHealth Quote”) will be based on the equivalent level of cover provided under the Competitor’s Quote. For the avoidance of doubt, the VitalityHealth Quote will be priced on comparable benefits and exclusions incorporated in an Eligible Participant’s current PMI policy, in accordance with the Switch Guidelines issued to the Sales Channel by VitalityHealth. A minimum monthly premium will apply to any VitalityHealth Insurance plan. The criteria on which the quotations will be matched is as follows:
a) the closest level of excess (if the same excess is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available excess level below the Competitor’s Quote’s excess level);
b) the closest level of mental health cover (if the same mental health cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover
limit above the Competitor’s Quote’s cover limit);
c) the closest level of therapies cover (if the same therapies cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor’s Quote’s cover limit);
d) the closest level of out-patient benefit (if the same out-patient cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor’s Quote’s cover limit); and
e) the closest hospital list we deem appropriate based on your current level of cover and hospitals available in your post code area; the "Matching Criteria".
7) Non PMI modules (excluding Travel Cover and Optical, Dental and Hearing Cover modules), months’ free offers and other negotiated discounts such as discounts for
professions will not be deemed by VitalityHealth to form part of the Competitor’s Quote and will be excluded from the comparison for the purposes of the Matching
Criteria. In these instances, Vitality will use the underlying renewal premium excluding the offer.
8) Subject to the quotations being successfully matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth may offer the VitalityHealth Insurance to Eligible Participants at a premium 5% to 10% (excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Competitor’s Quote (the “Discount
9) If the Competitor’s Quote contains certain elements of cover that are not included in the VitalityHealth Insurance plan, the Competitor’s Quote will be adjusted accordingly in order to reflect a true comparable quote. This means that if the Competitor’s Quote contains a benefit or a term that VitalityHealth Insurance does
not offer, the value of the additional benefit or differing term will be subtracted from or added to the Competitor’s Quote to create a comparable figure. This will be referred to as the “Adjusted Competitor Premium”. For the avoidance of doubt, VitalityHealth may not offer a switch quotation on products that are materially
different (in VitalityHealth’s reasonable opinion) from the VitalityHealth Insurance proposition. Where VitalityHealth have declined a switch based on materially different benefits or a discounted product, the customer may not switch to a different product with their current insurer in order to switch to VitalityHealth at the current renewal.
10) Subject to the quotations being successfully adjusted for cover differences, VitalityHealth may offer VitalityHealth Insurance to Eligible Participants at a premium
5% to 10% (excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Adjusted Competitor Premium (the “Adjusted
Competitor Premium Offer”).
11) For the avoidance of doubt the % Discount may be either a minimum of (i) 5% to 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s renewal quote or (ii) 5% to 10% cheaper
than the Eligible Participant’s current premium if they are outside the renewal cycle or (iii) 5% to 10% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s Adjusted Competitor Premium. For the purposes of this clause, “renewal cycle” refers to the period from 30 days prior to the renewal date up to and beyond the renewal date.
12) The offered premium will always be subject to the minimum monthly premium for any VitalityHealth Insurance plan and may be adjusted accordingly.
13) Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the insurance certificate for their existing PMI policy (detailing
cover levels, exclusions and member details) to VitalityHealth on request.
14) Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the renewal premium (within 30 days of their current renewal
date) or current premium (31+ days from their current renewal date) for their existing PMI policy to VitalityHealth on request.
15) VitalityHealth reserves the right to request an original copy of the Competitor’s Quote from an Eligible Participant at any time.
16) Should the Eligible Participant fail to provide satisfactory evidence of the Competitor’s Quote, or where the documents provided to VitalityHealth in response to the requirements set out in either clauses 9 and/or 10 and/or 11 above reveals that the Competitor’s Quote cannot be matched in accordance with the Matching
Criteria, VitalityHealth will not be obliged to provide the Discount Offer or the Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer and any VitalityHealth Insurance purchased will either be recalculated according to the validated premium or cancelled with effect from inception.
17) VitalityHealth Quotes will be valid for thirty days from the date of issue. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders and dependants.
18) Eligible Participants acknowledge and agree that VitalityHealth Insurance is an annual contract and subject to a price review at each renewal in the future. The
Discount Offer or Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer will be applied to the new business standard premium and, for the avoidance of doubt, excludes VitalityHealth renewals (subject always to clauses 15 and 16).
19) Eligible Participants acknowledge that in the event of inaccurate or incomplete information being provided that impacts the premiums or terms of VitalityHealth
Insurance in any way, the Discount Offer or the Adjusted Competitor Premium Offer (as applicable) will cease to be applied and VitalityHealth reserves the right to take
further action which may include but not be limited to recalculating the rate according to the validated current insurer premium or cancelling cover with effect from
20) These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.