At Vitality, our ESG focused fund range is called EnVIRO.
What are ESG funds?
ESG funds are a form of sustainable investing. They consider environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors when deciding what to invest in. They aim to help meet long-term financial goals while contributing to a more sustainable world.
ESG funds consider the impact investments have on the planet. They aim to avoid investing in companies that extract coal, other fossil fuels or that generate power from them.
ESG funds support communities and wider society. This might mean avoiding companies involved in weapons, alcohol or gambling.
ESG funds invest in businesses that have good working standards. This can include companies that have transparent financial reporting, independent boards and are regularly audited.
How does the EnVIRO fund range work?
1. Exclude companies that do harm.
2. Select companies that do more to contribute towards the environment, society and governance.
3. Review the funds and the companies they invest in regularly to ensure they continue to meet their ESG objectives.
The range is made up of five funds, with each fund matching a different risk preference. So whether you’re looking to invest in a fund with low risk or if you’re a more adventurous investor, there’s a fund for you.
You can use our fund research tool to explore the full range of Vitality and third-party funds, including this range. (In this finder, the EnVIRO fund range will be called VitalityInvest ESG Risk Optimiser funds).
Fund finder tool
We're making a clear impact
The revenue from activities that negatively impact the environment or society is significantly lower with our funds(1). See how your money can contribute towards a more sustainable future with the EnVIRO fund range:
less carbon footprint.
from the production of tobacco, controversial weapons and civilian firearms.
from the sales of adult entertainment, genetic engineering and predatory lending.
ESG funds FAQs
Who are ESG funds suitable for?
• To invest for the medium to long term. Generating returns in a portfolio that has greater focus on ESG considerations
• To remain well-diversified with their investments. This includes spreading them over a range of asset classes in different region
• For investments that are managed according to a set risk profile
• For a cost-effective approach to investing by utilising index-tracking funds.