What is a Stocks and Shares ISA?
Whether you're saving for a house, a wedding, or just a rainy day, a Stocks and Shares ISA could help you grow your money. ‘ISA’ stands for Individual Savings Account. It’s an investment that’s tax-efficient, which means you don’t need to pay tax on any money you make from it.
Here are the basics…
- Your money goes into funds, unit trusts, bonds, and shares in companies. If you’re willing to take some risk with your money, Stocks and Shares ISAs have the potential to offer higher returns than Cash ISAs
- You can decide the exact make-up of your ISA portfolio and change it whenever you like
- If you're over 18 and you live in the UK, you can put money into a Stocks and Shares ISA every tax year
- You need to start with either an initial investment or a monthly investment. The minimum initial investment is £1,500 and the minimum monthly investment is £50.
How much can I invest in an ISA?
You can invest up to £20,000 this tax year.
This is the Stocks and Shares ISA allowance set by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
Why choose a Vitality Stocks and Shares ISA?
Lower product charges
From 0.45%, to as low as 0%, when you stay healthy.
Invest from £50 a month or start with £1,500 as a lump sum.
Range of funds
A range of ready-made portfolios that can be matched to your risk preference.
Trusted fund managers
Choose from world-leading fund managers – Vanguard, SEI Investments or Ninety One.
ESG fund options
Choose to invest in Vitality’s Environmental, Sustainable and Governance (ESG) funds.
Discounts and rewards
Get discounts on brands like Caffè Nero, Garmin and more. Earn regular rewards for staying active.
Take money out and add it back in the same tax year without affecting your annual ISA allowance.
Hassle free transfer
Tell us how much you want to transfer from your current provider and we’ll do the rest.
How to enjoy a product charge as low as 0%
We’re living longer. And we all want the money and good health to enjoy it. That's why we've combined wellness and savings. If you invest with us, and track your healthy habits, you could pay no product charge.
The more you look after your health, the lower your product charge. Charges start from 0.45% a year and can get as low as 0%. This helps keep more of your money invested and gives it a better chance to grow:
- Start off on Bronze status with a product charge of 0.45% per year
- Track your activity whether that’s going for a walk, or a gym session to improve your status. The higher your status, the lower your product charge will be
- Work your way up to Platinum status and you could achieve a product charge as low as 0%.
We’re regulated, which means you’re protected
A world of funds from leading investment managers
Our range includes ESG funds (environmental, sustainable, and governance funds). You can also choose from over 500 third-party funds.
Why we share the benefits of healthy investing
This keeps more of your money invested with us and gives it a better chance to grow. It also helps you live a longer life to enjoy your money.
The healthier you are, the healthier your investments get.
That's why we created investments that reward you for staying healthy. Because it's good for you, it's good for us, and it's good for society.
Stocks and Shares ISA FAQs
Can I open a Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA in the same year?
Can I contribute to an ISA for someone else
Can I change my mind?
When will I pay my first and subsequent charges?
What if I pay too much into my Stocks and Shares ISA?
What happens to my Stocks and Shares ISA if I move abroad?
But you won't be able to invest in your Vitality Stocks and Shares ISA in the tax year after you move abroad. The exception is if you are working abroad as a Crown employee or are their spouse or civil partner.
If you return to the UK, you can restart investing into your Stocks and Shares ISA.