Types of Mortgage Protection Insurance
Our comprehensive mortgage protection planTo make sure you get the right cover for you, our Mortgage Plus Plan includes two types of mortgage protection cover:
Mortgage Incapacity Cover
- Pays your mortgage for up to 24 months, if you’re diagnosed with one of the illnesses or conditions we cover and you can’t work. We’ll pay out as soon as you meet one of our definitions of being unable to work.
- Covers you for 29 conditions such as cancer (excluding less advanced cases), heart attack, stroke, multiple sclerosis and traumatic accidents that need you to stay in hospital for at least 10 days.
- Lets you claim more than once – you can claim as many times as you like, until you receive the maximum benefit of 24 monthly payments across the life of your plan.
Mortgage Life Cover
- Pays off your mortgage in full if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness or you die
- Gives you the flexibility to increase your cover if your mortgage increases - should you take out a bigger mortgage, our Guaranteed Insurability Options let you increase and extend your cover term, without having to give us more information about your health. If you increase your cover, your premiums will increase too.
- Up to three months’ free cover before you start paying your premiums - we’ll automatically include Mortgage Free Cover on your plan, giving you temporary cover for up to 3 months. So if anything happens to you between the time you legally commit to buying a home and your first mortgage payment, you’re covered for up to £300,000.
Guaranteed Insurability Options apply if you’re accepted on standard terms with no exclusions on your plan.
|Mortgage Life Cover
||Mortgage Incapacity Cover||Serious Illness Cover for Mortgages
|Maximum payment period
||Provides a lump sum to your family if you die while covered
||Provides up to 24 monthly payments if you’re diagnosed with a condition we cover and you can’t do your job
||Provides a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with a condition we cover
|Min entry age next birthday
|Max entry age next birthday||65||65||65|
|Maximum expiry age||70||70||70|
|Min term||5 years||Max term||5 years|
|Max term||50 years||50 years||40 years|
|Min cover||£50,000||£250 per month||£10,000|