Making the most out of a VitalityLife plan
Start benefiting from day one of your VitalityLife plan with discounts from our rewards partners. Stay active, track your activity and you could receive bigger discounts and rewards for staying healthy.
Even better, we have found that our actively involved members are less likely to claim for Life Cover2, so you can improve your health whilst having peace of mind you protected by award-winning cover.
Optimising your plan
This is a good option for those who plan to maintain a certain level of activity so will benefit from the additional rewards.
Discounts from day one
- Understand your health with discounted screenings from Bluecrest or Nuffield Health
- Track and earn points with money off selected activity trackers from Garmin and Withings
- Pamper yourself with discounted Champneys spa days and stays
- Take a well needed holiday with discounted flights to Europe with British Airways
- Ensure at least 30% of your shop is healthy and get money off at Ocado
Get active and be rewarded
- Get a Apple Watch for an upfront cost, stay active and pay nothing more3
- Earn 12 points a week and yourself with a weekly drink with Starbucks
- Earn 12 points a week for two consecutive weeks and take some time to relax with cinema tickets at Cineworld or Vue
- Earn 160 points in a month and enjoy your next month of Amazon Prime on us
How do I earn Vitality points?
Just some of the ways you can earn Vitality points:
- Earn 2 Vitality points a day for 10 minutes (or more) of mindful activity, using Headspace, Buddhify, Calm or The Mindfulness App
- Earn 120 points for taking a fitness assessment at a participating Virgin Active gym
- Earn 480 points for taking a Vitality Healthcheck and being in the Green zone for 4 tests
- Earn 100 points for making a non-smokers declaration online
- Earn 5 points each day you walk over 10,000 steps
View our range of award-winning cover options
Pays out a cash lump sum to your loved ones if you die. This can be used towards bills, mortgage payments or education fees.
Income Protection Cover
Pays you a monthly income if you can't work due to illness, giving you the time you need to regain your health.
Serious Illness Cover
Pays out a lump sum if you are diagnosed with a serious illness. We cover 178 conditions which is more than any other insurer4
Over £81 million given in Vitality benefits and rewards in 2018*
- Over 3.9 million handcrafted coffees
- Over 1.8 million cinema tickets
- Over 360,000 discounted healthy food orders
- Over 50,000 pairs of discounted running shoes
- Over 40,000 Apple Watches sold
Important information1£775 saving based on a member with a VitalityLife plan with Wellness Optimiser or Vitality Optimiser with a Silver status who has taken advantage of the Virgin Active membership discount, Runners Need discount, Garmin discount, weekly Starbucks reward and the cinema reward.
2According to Vitality internal data (2018), over the past five years members who engaged in the Vitality Healthy Living Programme had a significantly lower incidence of Life Cover claims across all age groups when compared to those who did not engage.
3Apple Watch terms and conditions
*Source: Vitality internal data, May 2019