Helping you adjust to the long-term effects of serious illnesses.To suffer from a serious illness at any time in life is difficult. But the younger you are, the longer you're likely to have to live with your condition, so the greater the financial impact could be.
Our Serious Illness Cover Booster increases the principle amount of severity-based payments you receive, so that for some conditions we pay out between 100% and 200% of your cover.
What you get with Serious Illness Cover Booster
- Covers you for 175 conditions under our Comprehensive Serious Illness Cover, including more cancers than any other insurer. That’s nearly four times more conditions than any other insurer’s typical critical illness policy*.
- Offers severity-based payments – because some conditions are less debilitating than others - for example, if you lost sight in one eye – but still need you to take time off work, our payouts start from 15% of your cover amount.
- Provides a payout boost for conditions with a long-term physical impact – If you develop one of the conditions we’ve identified as having the most severe long-term physical impact, we’ll boost the amount we pay, depending on your age when you make the claim.
- Gives your payout an extra boost, if you have dependent children on your plan – When you add our Optional Serious Illness Cover for Children or Education, we’ll give your payout an extra boost to make your children’s future a little more secure.
* The average number of conditions that typical critical illness policies cover is 48.