Hands-on ENT examination required by your own GP
Following your Vitality GP video consultation, the Vitality GP has recommended you see your own GP for a hands-on examination to check for ear, nose, and throat symptoms (ENT).
Reasons why the Vitality GP has recommended this course of action
The Vitality GP video service always aims to provide a diagnosis and treatment plan, but due to your symptoms and the limited ability to physically examine your ears, nose, or throat (and with limited access to take high-quality images), it’s good clinical practice to have an examination.
To assist in a more thorough examination, the GP may need to do the following for conditions affecting:
- Ears – an assessment using an otoscope
- Throat – an assessment of the mouth/throat
- Nose – an assessment of the nasal cavity
The benefits of a hands-on examination
- Your Vitality GP has requested you have your ears, nose, or throat examined in order to rule out signs of infection, and to decide if further diagnostic investigations are needed such as an ultrasound scan or pathology
- It will make sure you’re not referred for diagnostic investigations without medical justification
Tips for getting the most out of your GP appointment
- Share your consultation notes from your Vitality GP video consultation. You’ll find these under the ‘Video GP Consultation history’ button in your Vitality GP app
- You can either show your GP these notes, or if possible you can email them to your GP before your appointment using the ‘Email Summary’ button in the app