Hands-on ENT examination required by your own GP
Following your Vitality GP video consultation, the Vitality GP has recommended you see your own GP for a hands-on examination to check for ear, nose, and throat symptoms (ENT).
Reasons why the Vitality GP has recommended this course of action
The Vitality GP video service always aims to provide a diagnosis and treatment plan, but due to your symptoms and the limited ability to physically examine your ears, nose, or throat (and with limited access to take high-quality images), it’s good clinical practice to have an examination.
To assist in a more thorough examination, the GP may need to do the following for conditions affecting:
- Ears – an assessment using an otoscope
- Throat – an assessment of the mouth/throat
- Nose – an assessment of the nasal cavity
The benefits of a hands-on examination
- Your GP will be in a better position to decide if further diagnostic investigations are needed, such as an ultrasound scan or pathology
- It will make sure you’re not referred for diagnostic investigations without medical justification
Tips for getting the most out of your GP appointment
- Share your consultation notes from your Vitality GP video consultation. You’ll find these under the ‘Video GP Consultation history’ button in your Vitality GP app
- You can either show your GP these notes, or if possible email them to your GP before your appointment using the ‘Email summary’ button in the app