Step-by-step guide to physiotherapy referrals
Receive fast, expert care
Following your Vitality GP consultation today, you’ve been recommended to arrange a physiotherapy assessment with our partner, Ascenti.
This guide explains any important information, what you’re covered for and what happens next, so you can complete your physiotherapy referral.
Important things to remember
- A referral to a physiotherapist will count as a claim. You can find details of this within your plan documents in the ‘Health Dashboard’ section of the Member Zone.
- Providing you use a physiotherapist from our network, we’ll pay the physiotherapist directly.
- Sometimes, we may need some more information or to ask your NHS GP to complete a claim form. If this is the case, we’ll contact you as soon as possible and once we’ve received the claim form, we’ll usually let you know our decision within two working days.
What am I covered for?As part of your video consultation, the Vitality GP will have carried out some provisional eligibility checks to determine whether you’re okay to proceed to arrange treatment with our physiotherapy partner.
If we need to advise you of any further limitations or need additional information, we’ll contact you as soon as possible.
As part of your video consultation, the Vitality GP will have carried out some provisional eligibility checks to determine whether you’re okay to proceed to arrange treatment with our physiotherapy partner.
What happens next?
- Click the ‘Complete my Physio referral’ button below.
- You’ll be taken to the Vitality Care Hub.
- From here, you can arrange a video or telephone physiotherapy assessment with our partner, Ascenti, at a time and date convenient for you.
- Your post-Vitality GP consultation information will be sent to us to set-up your claim, so you won’t need to contact us to do this.
What happens during my Physiotherapy assessment?1. The physiotherapist will recommend the most appropriate treatment plan for your specific needs. This could be one or more of the following:
- Virtual rehabilitation
- Guided virtual rehabilitation
- Face-to-face treatment
3. Our physiotherapy partner will fully manage your treatment and will get treatment authorised on your behalf, so you can focus on recovery. If we need to discuss your treatment or any aspect of your cover, we’ll contact you.
Who are Ascenti?
Ascenti is part of the Vitality Health Priority Physiotherapy Network, where you’ll receive expert care quickly, with access to over 2,000 accredited physiotherapists conveniently located in clinics across the UK.
Our physiotherapists take a holistic approach to guide you back to health, by assessing your individual situation, and providing personalised treatment that’s right for you. This may include exercises to help relieve daily pain and discomfort, and advice on how to avoid injuries recurring.