New partners. New rewards. New plan changes.
Changes to the Vitality Programme
We’re introducing a number of changes to the Vitality Programme in 2020, over the next six months.
Select a tab to view more details
Access to care advice and discounted care services
Knowing where to find information on care can be difficult, especially in a time of need and the costs can quickly escalate. That’s why we’ve teamed up with SuperCarers - an online platform which helps you find the best care.
As a Vitality member, you and your family will have automatic access to CareSolved - which gives you access to advice about care and care services at no additional cost.
All Health, Life and Invest members, and their immediate family, are eligible to access the SuperCarers service including CareSolved and a 20% discount on the first £1000 of ongoing care through SuperCarers.
Points and Healthchecks
To encourage you to take a broader view of your physical wellbeing, we’re increasing the number of ways you can earn Vitality points. If your key health indicators are in the healthiest category, we’re also making it easier for you to earn and retain points, by reducing the need for yearly Healthchecks. The following changes to the Vitality points system start from December 2019:
Up to 80% off health screenings with Bluecrest
From 13 December 2019, Bluecrest will be our primary health screen provider, making it easier to take control of your health - and understand your key health numbers.
Depending on your Vitality Age Gap, you’ll now be able to save between 50% and 80% on one screening with Bluecrest per plan year. To qualify for the discount, you need to complete your Vitality Healthcheck.
You can book at one of 2,000 locations across the UK throughout the year - from the south coast to Inverness. We’re also improving the discounts available to you.
As a result, you’ll no longer be able to use Nuffield Health and BMI Healthcare for your discounted health screenings. However, any health screenings you’ve already.
From 24th February 2020 the price of a Vitality Healthcheck will change from £10 to £12.50. To book your Vitality Healthcheck, simply log on to the Member Zone.
Other points and clinical changes
- If you have achieved ‘Green Zone’ results for any biometric readings (BMI, Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure and Cholesterol) in a Vitality Healthcheck, you’ll now get the Vitality points for those Green Zone readings automatically in the next plan year. This means you may only need a Vitality Healthcheck every two years.
- Vitality points for cholesterol readings will now be based on the ratio of total cholesterol to ‘good’ HDL (High-density Lipoprotein) cholesterol.
- BMI assessments will now also include a waist circumference measurement.
- From 1st January 2020 we’ll no longer be rolling over 10% of your Vitality points into your next plan year.
- You will no longer be able to earn Vitality points for ECG and Glaucoma test screenings.
- We’ll be adding a new range of screening activities which you can earn points for including points for an eye test every two years.