Frequently asked questions
Organisations must register before 17th of March 2017 by completing the online registration form.
Participation is free. Britain’s Healthiest Workplace reserves the right to limit participation and close the registration process before the published end date.
- The sponsors of Britain’s Healthiest Workplace are particularly concerned with data protection. They are fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and have a legal duty to protect any information collected from organisations or employees. They follow a number of procedures that enable them to meet their obligations and responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998. As the principal contractor running and analysing the Britain’s Healthiest Workplace surveys, RAND Europe CIC is registered with the Data Protection Commissioner. It has a data protection policy in place, and requires its staff to sign a statement that they have read and understood this, as well as requiring them to complete annual information security awareness training and sign non-disclosure agreements.
- Organisations’ employee information, Organisational Health Assessment, and Employee Health Assessment responses will be held by RAND Europe CIC and its data collection partner, Survey Sampling UK Limited (SSI). SSI operate within the Market Research Society code of conduct. Any personal details will not be shared with any other party than RAND Europe CIC. All data will be held strictly in accordance with EU and UK law.
- All information submitted through the assessments will be used only for research purposes. Responses will be kept confidential and will not in any way be used to identify individuals. Any electronic transmission of individually identifiable data will be encrypted.
- The Organisational Health Report will display employee responses in a consolidated format so that individual responses cannot be matched to personal identifiers such as names, post codes, email addresses or dates of birth.
- The sponsors of Britain's Healthiest Workplace will only receive the survey results in an anonymous and consolidated format and will not have access to any personal employee data.
- By entering Britain's Healthiest Workplace, organisations and their employees agree and give consent to RAND Europe CIC and SSI holding and analysing sensitive personal and health information.
- All communication from Britain's Healthiest Workplace to employees will deal only with the research initiative. We will not market any products or services to employees.
- Findings derived from aggregating all responses will be made publicly available via reports and research articles.
- The sponsors of Britain’s Healthiest Workplace reserve the right to use data from repeat participants to compare data across years. This will only be done for participants who agree to this in the relevant section of the Employee Health Assessment.
- A representative from your organisation will complete the Organisational Health Assessment - this assessment will include questions about employee demographics, leadership culture, and the work environment, and the health and wellbeing initiatives currently in place.
- Employers must ensure that all their employees are able to access the online questionnaire, which will be provided in the form of a web link. The Employee Health Assessment will ask employees questions about their general health, lifestyle behaviours, mental health status and their work environment. To be eligible for participation, employees must be at least 18 years of age.
- We recommend that employers email employees to notify them of the organisation's participation in the initiative. A template will be provided that outlines:
- The importance of participation.
- Explicit guarantees around confidentiality of data for those employees who participate.
- We recommend that employers encourage employees to complete the Employee Health Assessment. Employees who submit completed Health Assessments will each receive a Personal Health Report detailing their risk categories and their "Vitality Age" - a tool used to measure the overall health status of an individual.
- In the event that your organisation is one of the Top quartile organisations in Britain's Healthiest Workplace or any sub-award category, including Most Improved, either Vitality or RAND Europe may contact you in order to set up interviews with the appropriate organisational spokesperson, and arrange photo opportunities.
- An awards event will be held in September 2017.
- Britain’s Healthiest Workplace has been developed VitalityHealth, and is delivered in partnership with the University of Cambridge and RAND Europe, the Financial Times and Mercer.
- Britain’s Healthiest Workplace is the largest and most comprehensive workplace wellness survey in the UK. By participating, employers will gain a better understanding of the health risks affecting their employees, how these change over time, and their associated health and productivity impact. The research also looks at how employers, through the workplace, can support their employees to be healthier and more productive. Participating organisations will receive specific recommendations on how to improve the health, wellbeing and productivity of their workers.
- Through Britain's Healthiest Workplace, we hope to gain a better understanding of the health risks faced by UK employers on a longitudinal basis, with specific emphasis on the productivity impact of chronic diseases of lifestyle, as well as to understand how the workplace can be used to change employee lifestyle behaviour. We will also look at the availability of wellness facilities in the workplace and how often employees engage in healthy behaviour and activities.
- For Britain's employers, the aim of Britain's Healthiest Workplace is to create awareness around their employees' health, health risks, and the overall health risks by specific lifestyle determinants or wellness indicators. Britain’s Healthiest Workplace will provide tailored recommendations to improve the health risk profile of an organisation’s employee population.
- The data from your organisation and employees will be used to compile your Organisational Health Report, and provide recommendations on how to improve the health and productivity of your employees.
- In addition, your results will be used to compile research on the health of UK employees and UK workplaces. This research will help to develop a set of industry norms for the UK market that can be tracked over time.
- Registration is currently open until 3rd March, with surveys being completed from this date until mid-May. An exclusive awards ceremony will be held in London in September, aligned to the release of the winners’ names and editorial content in an exclusive magazine published in the Financial Times.
- In September 2017, qualifying organisations will receive an Organisational Health Report which will provide them with a holistic view of their employees' wellbeing, as well as unique benchmarking information that can be used to inform future HR and People strategies.
- Britain’s Healthiest Workplace reserves the right to publish the names of the top performing organisations.
- Winning and highly commended organisations will be recognised at the awards event. These organisations will be permitted to publicise their achievement.
Each participating organisation will receive a confidential Organisational Health Report, which will provide you with a holistic view of your employees' wellbeing, as well as unique benchmarking information that can be used to inform future HR and People strategies.
Register for Britain’s Healthiest Workplace 2017. Receive up-to-date information on workplace wellness and our latest events.Register now