Relevant Life Cover
Protect your business from unexpected shocks
WHAT IT IS
Relevant Life Cover is a cost-effective alternative or ‘top-up’ to group death in service benefit that pays your key employee’s family a lump sum if they die while employed by your company.
HOW IT HELPS
As an exclusive and personalised extra employee benefit, it’s a great tax-efficient way to make your best people feel even more appreciated. It also saves you nearly 50% in tax, compared to an ordinary life policy.
WHO IT’S FOR
A Relevant Life Policy is an ideal addition to the benefits package of:
- Company directors – provides a valuable tax benefit if their life insurance premiums are paid by your company, instead of from their personal income.
- High earners - the benefits of Relevant Life Polices don’t count towards the current Lifetime Allowance of £1.25 million, above which tax is currently charged at 55% (on death).
- Key employees - A Relevant Life Policy can provide individually calculated cover levels, so are ideal if you only want to reward a few employees or provide variable cover.
Relevant Life Cover features
High cover limits
Typically 15 or 20 times remuneration (dependent on age)
Three continuation options
All without the need for extra underwriting
Indexation option available
So cover increases in line with inflation
Tax efficient savings
Make your best people feel more appreciated, while saving nearly 50% in tax, compared to an ordinary life policy
Rewards and discounts
We offer every insured person with a Relevant Life Plan access to a great range of discounts with our partners
|Benefits for you||Benefits for employees|
|Tax efficiency – a tax deductible business expense and no National Insurance contributions.||Cash lump sum payment for terminal illness as well as death.|
|A great employee benefit for small businesses – life cover and access to a great range of discounts and rewards.||Access to a range of discounts and rewards to encourage your employees to look after their health.|
|More affordable cover – an upfront discount on the protection premium of between 5% - 20% for fixed term cover with Vitality Optimiser.||Tax-efficient – no National Insurance contributions.|
|On payout, the cash lump sum is not subject to Income or Inheritance Tax.||Fitter, healthier, more engaged employees that take less time off and are more productive – helping you attract and retain the best people.|
|It doesn’t count as a retirement benefit so won’t affect their Lifetime Allowance.||Can be used as a top-up to death in service benefit.|
Your Business Protection options
Business Protection Life Cover
Safeguard the people who matter most to your success
Key Person Cover
Reduce the financial impact if you lose an employee to severe illness, disability or death
Shareholder or Partnership Protection
Keep your business stable in the event of serious illness or death
Protect your company’s financial stability in times of uncertainty
Get our best savings and rewards
0161 2167 595
Speak to a VitalityLife business adviser for tailored advice.
8am – 8pm Monday to Friday
9am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday
You can find full terms and conditions in the plan provisions.
- Employee must be between 16 and 70, and a UK resident
- Minimum one year term. Cover must end before 75th birthday
- Minimum monthly protection premiums apply
- For Vitality Optimiser there is a minimum five year term and a minimum monthly protection premium of £30
Please note that both Vitality Plus and Vitality Optimiser work differently for Relevant Life Policies – the plan holder receives the upfront discount or any premium discount (Vitality Optimiser only) and any cashback (applies to Vitality Plus and Vitality Optimiser). The person covered receives the remaining benefits.