Life insurance with rewards for healthy living
Get active to get rewarded with Apple Watch. Available on life insurance plans with Vitality Plus benefits. These plans start from £45 a month excluding any Vitality Plus fee.
What is life insurance?Life insurance helps your family with their finances if you die within the policy term. Your family will get a tax-free payout, giving you peace of mind that they’re looked after.
Most people buy life insurance when they're having a baby, buying a house, marrying their partner, or nearing retirement.
If you’re buying a home, it’s also a good idea to think about life insurance to cover your mortgage, too. If you die before you’ve paid off your mortgage, then your family don’t need to worry about the monthly repayments.
What are the different types of cover?
Choose a type of cover or combine them for more a comprehensive plan.
Life insurance or life cover pays out a lump sum to your family when you die. You can take out term life insurance for a fixed amount of time, or whole of life insurance.
Income protection insurance
Pays you a tax-free monthly income if you get sick or injured and can't work.
Serious Illness Cover
Pays out a tax-free lump sum if you’re diagnosed with a serious illness. You’re more likely to get a payout with our cover than any other critical illness cover insurer1.
Mortgage protection insurance
Helps you to pay your mortgage if you get ill or you die before your mortgage is paid off.
Not sure which life cover is best for you?
Compare life insurance
Why choose our life insurance?
✓ 5 Star award winning cover - All our life cover plans are 5 Star rated by Defaqto
✓ You can rely on us - Last year we paid out 99.5% of claims1
✓ Get discounts and rewards for healthy living - Save on gym fees, activity trackers, coffee and more
✓ Get Apple Watch - buy a qualifying plan and you could get an Apple Watch
✓ You’re covered for more conditions than any other insurer – With us you’re covered for all heart attacks, all strokes and more cancers than any other provider2.
Why should I buy life insurance?
How do you work out the price of my life insurance?
Can I add Critical Illness Cover to my plan?
With us, you can include Serious Illness Cover with Life Cover or take it on its own. The level of Serious Illness Cover you’ll need depends on a few things, so we recommend talking to a VitalityLife adviser first.
Can I change my plan if my circumstances change?
How long should my life insurance cover be for?
Do I need to have a medical exam before I take out life insurance?
How much life insurance cover do I need
- How much is left to pay on your mortgage
- How much other debt you have to pay
- How much you would need to pay towards childcare or education
- How much your loved ones would need to maintain their lifestyle
- How much you may need if you get a critical illness
- How much you can afford
You can find out more here, otherwise if you’re new to life insurance it can be a good idea to get tailored advice from a qualified financial adviser. Our expert team can offer free no-obligation advice over the phone on 0161 2167 595
What’s the difference between level, decreasing and indexed life insurance?
Level cover means that the value of your plan stays the same over time. It will only change if something happens such as you make a claim or change your cover.
Indexed cover means that the value of your plan will increase each year to align with inflation and rises to the cost of living.
Decreasing cover means that the value of your plan decreases over time. This may align with decreases to your mortgage amount as you continue to pay it off.
Our additional covers and options
- Family Income Cover – provides your family with a set monthly income if you fall seriously ill or die. You can choose a payment period of up to 10 years and increase your cover in line with living costs. Family Income Cover can be added onto Life Cover, Serious Illness Cover or Income Protection
- Optional Serious Illness Cover for Children – pays you a cash lump sum if your child suffers a serious illness. You can get from £15,000 to £100,000 cover for each child named on your plan and can be added onto can be added onto Life Cover, Serious Illness Cover or Income Protection
- LifestyleCare Cover – can be added onto Life Cover and gives you financial help at times when you can no longer look after yourself due to degenerative illnesses like dementia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and stroke.
1Vitality claims and benefits report June 2020
2This comparison is based the differences between Serious Illness Cover and other covers. These are interpreted by VitalityLife and Defaqto at 11/11/2019. The comparison excludes any special offers or promotions
This cover comparison information is for personal use and is guidance only. It isn't a contractual representation, warranty or obligation about the:
- Or availability of the comparison.
- Direct or consequential loss in relation to this comparison.