Once you’ve selected the VitalityLife plan that best fits your needs, you can choose to optimise it and get access to even bigger discounts and rewards.
With Wellness Optimiser, you could get:
- Up to 60% upfront premium discount with Whole of Life Cover and up to 40% with Fixed-Term Cover
- The chance to keep your premiums low in future by maintaining and/or improving lifestyle-related health factors and staying active and healthy
- Opportunity to earn cashback
- Access to our great range of discounts and rewards partners through Vitality Lite or Vitality Plus for an additional monthly fee
- Optimiser Underwriting - Applying for life insurance can often be a lengthy process. We are delighted to introduce Optimiser Underwriting: intelligent underwriting with just 5 medical questions available on Life and Serious Illness Cover with Vitality or Wellness Optimiser.
Start with an upfront premium discount of up to 60% on Whole of Life Cover and 40% on Fixed Term Cover
With Wellness Optimiser you get an upfront discount of between 30% and 60%, compared to our standard premium for Whole of Life Cover.
The table below shows the upfront discount you would get with Wellness Optimiser for Whole of Life Cover.
|Age at entry||Your upfront discount|
Alternatively, you get an upfront discount of between 8.5% and 40%, compared to our standard premium for Fixed Term cover.
|Fixed Term (Years)||Your upfront discount|
Understand and know your health
To help you do that, we encourage you to have a Vitality health check every two years - at a specially discounted rate of £10* - to measure your four key lifestyle-related health factors:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Glucose
This identifies whether each of these health factors are within a healthy range or if you need to take action to improve your health. Get rewarded for staying healthy over the long-term By improving (or maintaining) your Wellness and Vitality statuses, you can control how much your premiums change from year to year, like this:
*Your maximum premium reduction, due to annual premium adjustments on Wellness Optimiser is capped at 5%. Please speak to your financial adviser for more details.
Please speak to our advisers for more information about how to maintain or improve your Wellness and Vitality statuses
To recognise the extra effort needed to stay active as you get older, once you get to 70 years of age, your premiums will only change based on your Vitality status – as though you had a Wellness status of Select.
The more active you are, the bigger the rewards
Partner discounts and rewards
When you add Wellness Optimiser to your plan, not only will you get access to an upfront discount and cashback, you’ll also receive savings and discounts with our reward partners:
If your monthly premium is below £30:
- You'll get Vitality Lite for an additional monthly fee of £1.75
- Giving you access to a number of reward partners including Champneys, Runners Need, WW and Garmin.
If your monthly premium is £30 or over:
- You'll get Vitality Plus for an additional monthly fee of £4.50
- Giving you access to our best reward partners including Apple Watch, Ocado, Virgin Active and Starbucks.
Our cashback structure is designed to reward members who demonstrate good long term health. Speak to a VitalityLife adviser for more information.
Wellness Optimiser for Diabetics
Has your life insurer changed your life?
Vitality Plus may also be added within three months of the plan's start date or at each anniversary of the plan. Further terms and conditions apply.
*Additional 15% off life insurance premium is available for Whole of Life with indexation and an optimiser.
**You are entitled to two discounted health checks or screenings a plan year.
***A high BMI that results in an underwriting loading being applied to your premium. Our advisers will explain what this means in more detail.