Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions by our providers
How do I send a bill to Vitality?
How do I update my correspondence and bank details?
To change your BACS details, please download the form HERE, complete via hand and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can my statements be sent via email?
If you have not provided us with an email address already, please use the change your details form to update us.
Where can I find how much I can charge?
How do I register a clinic?
Do you pay for surgical assistants or for two consultant surgeons and what is the process?
Any surgical procedures requiring two consultant surgeons should be put in writing (Prior to surgery) with clinical evidence for the need for two surgeons, clinical guidelines from a UK professional body or entity along with their specialty and fee request to: email@example.com for consideration of eligibility and fee discussion
Where can I find the Terms of Recognition?
How many digits should a members plan number be?
If you have been provided with a number that is 10 digits long and starting with '12', this will be the membership number and will not be accepted when submitting your invoices on Healthcode.
Why wont my invoice submit through Healthcode?
The error message "Patient demographics do not match" indicates that you have provided the system with information that does not match our member database. We can check the details for your if you either email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details you hold or call 0800 092 9400.
For any other reason please contact Healthcode directly on 01784 263 150, as they are best placed to help.
How do I get help if I have a technical problem on Healthcode?
What is the provider helpline number?
How do we bill for multiple procedures?
The following rules apply:
- Where the same operator carries out two procedures during the same operating session, we’ll pay up to 25% over and above the maximum for the most complex procedure;
- Where the same operator carries out three or more procedures during the same operating session, we’ll pay up to 40% over and above the maximum for the most complex procedure;
- We will only consider payment for more than three procedures in exceptional circumstances;
- We will only pay the fee of the primary consultant in cases where one consultant assists another;
- Where an operator carries out two different procedures on the same day but not in the same operating session, we’ll pay up to 100% of the eligible maximum for both procedures;
- We won’t consider paying for unbundled procedures in any circumstances.
The CCSD has specific codes for procedures that are commonly or invariably performed bilaterally. We will pay up to the fee maximum if there is a code for bilateral procedure (e.g. bilateral mastectomy), for that code only. When there is no bilateral procedure code and only where the procedure in question is not often typically, or always undertaken bilaterally, we will pay up to an additional 50% of the fee for the unilateral procedure. Where the same code is charged for twice or more in one invoice, we will only pay for one code.
How long before I receive payment of my invoice?
How do I request a fee uplift?
Do I have a provider number?
If you are a therapist please use your name and address.
How long is acceptable for a therapy sessions?
Send us an email
Email is the best way to reach us - no hold times, and you'll typically have your queries answered within 48 hours.
Our dedicated provider support email is email@example.com.