"Refer a Friend" (the "Promotion") Terms and Conditions
Section 1 - Overview
Who can “refer a friend” and become a “Referring Member”?
A Referring Member may refer multiple friends, provided each friend/family member separately fulfils the criteria of a “Referred Friend”.
What is an “Eligible Plan”?
What does your friend (the “Referred Friend”) need to do in order qualify for the Reward?
1. Purchase an Eligible Plan (as a result of being sent a referral link by the Referring Member)
2. Complete all steps in the Referral Process (at Section 2 of these Terms and Conditions).
For the avoidance of doubt:
1. A person will not be classed as a “Referred Friend” if they currently own (or have in the last 12 months owned) an Eligible Plan.
2. Where an Eligible Plan is purchased jointly (i.e. by more than one person), only one individual will be classed as the “Referred Friend” and be eligible to receive the Reward. This individual shall be determined at Vitality’s sole discretion.
3. An individual joining an existing Eligible Plan will not count as a Referred Friend “purchasing an Eligible Plan” for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, and no Rewards will be available in these circumstances.
4. The Eligible Plan must be purchased through the referral link, and not via an intermediary such as an insurance broker.
5. The Referred Friend cannot click on multiple referral links from multiple Referring Members – they may only be “referred” once.
What’s the “Reward”?
Who is “Vitality”?
Section 2 – the “Referral Process”
|No||Action||Who needs to complete the action|
|1||Generate the unique referral link by logging into Member Zone||Referring Member|
|2||Share the unique referral link. This can be shared as many friends and family as the Referring Member wishes.||Referring Member|
|3||Click on the unique referral link and register for the “Refer a Friend” programme||Referred Friend|
|4||Click on the link in the email provided by firstname.lastname@example.org and get a quote for an Eligible Plan||Referred Friend|
|5||Purchase the Eligible Plan and receive a Vitality membership number||Referred Friend|
|6||Enter their Vitality membership number via the email link provided, within 60 days of the start date of the Eligible Plan||Referred Friend|
|7||If the Referred Friend’s Eligible Plan is still active 90 days after it commences (and all payable premiums have been received by Vitality), you will both receive your reward email. Click on the link in the email and select which Reward you would like within 90 days of receiving the email, as it will expire after this time. You will receive the gift card from John Lewis or Amazon via a separate email.
Any queries regarding a Reward and/or the Promotion should be emailed to Refer-A-Friend@vitality.co.uk.
|Referring Member and Referred Friend|
Section 3 – Further details1. Subject to the clauses below, the Reward will be made available as set out in Sections 1 and 2, provided both the Referring Member and Referred Friend complete the Referral Process.
2. As per Section 2, the Rewards will be sent via email 90 days after the Referred Friend’s Eligible Plan has commenced, provided that these Terms and Conditions have been met, and all payable premiums are up to date. If the Reward has not been received within 4 months of the Referred Friend’s Eligible Plan commencing, please contact Vitality at Refer-A-Friend@vitality.co.uk. Vitality will not investigate any queries received 15 months or more after the commencement of the Eligible Plan.
3. Subject to clause 4 below, all Rewards are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
4. In the event that a Reward is unavailable due to circumstances beyond reasonable control, Vitality reserves the right to substitute it for another of similar value.
5. Vitality reserves the right to suspend or cancel transactions and reallocate Rewards if the referral (for which a Reward has been given) is suspected of being fraudulent and in such circumstances the Referring Member or Referred Friend may have their details passed to the relevant authorities for further investigation.
6. Vitality accepts no liability for lost entries and no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Promotion, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an individual’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
Where Vitality needs to contact a Referring Member or Referred Friend via email, it is that individual’s responsibility to provide Vitality with a valid, active email address, and Vitality cannot be held responsible for an invalid email address or other problems relating to any delay to the delivery of or non-receipt of emails, including the effect of spam filters.
7. The Rewards are subject to the following disclaimers:
a. Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of the Promotion. Amazon.co.uk gift cards may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in Amazon’s online catalogue and sold by Amazon.co.uk or any other seller selling through Amazon.co.uk. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if an Amazon gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal and https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GNG9PXYZUMQT72QK for complete terms and conditions. Amazon gift cards are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
b. John Lewis Partnership Limited is not a sponsor of the Promotion. The John Lewis Partnership gift card can be redeemed in John Lewis or Waitrose shops and online at johnlewis.com or waitrose.com as part or full payment for goods (exclusions apply). Protect your gift card and treat it as cash; lost, stolen or damaged cards will not be replaced, or exchanged for physical gift cards or cash. For full terms and conditions and balance enquiries see www.johnlewis.com/gift-card or visit www.johnlewis.com/customer-services.
8. Any personal data collected during this Promotion will be collected, stored, and processed in accordance with Vitality’s Privacy Notice, which is available to view at www.vitality.co.uk/legal/.
9. When sending any information to Vitality by post or email, please consider the security measures listed at www.vitality.co.uk/data-protection.
10. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Vitality accepts no liability for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered by participating in this Promotion and/or arising out of the enjoyment of a Reward.
11. Vitality reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the Promotion at any stage without prior notice.
12. This Promotion is administered by Buyapowa Limited and XEXEC on behalf of Vitality.