Switch. You'll feel better
Switch today and we'll beat your renewal quote1
If you've been claims-free for a year, we'll match your existing quote. If you’ve been claims-free for two years, we’ll beat your existing quote by 5%. Plus, we'll always match or improve your cover. You can also save up to £500 a year2 in partner rewards. Our plans include:
A Full Cover Promise
The right medical expert. Chosen by the medical experts.
We’ve partnered with Alliance Surgical – the UK’s largest independent healthcare group owned by doctors - who will choose the best consultant for you based strictly on your medical needs. You can get a referral via the Vitality GP app or your NHS GP, meaning you can choose the quickest and easiest route for you.
A unique approach to renewal premiums
Seamless switch process
Rewards for a healthy lifestyle
Switching from a Vitality company scheme?
Get the same great Vitality value and rewards
Keep your Vitality benefits
In fact, if your old scheme didn’t have the Vitality Plus option, you’ll now enjoy lots of extra rewards.
Keep your Vitality status
Leaving your company scheme needn’t mean leaving your Vitality status behind – we’ll protect your current status, so you can keep reaping the rewards of all your hard work.
Keep earning rewards
Remember, by getting active and staying active you can earn regular treats – like weekly cinema tickets at Cineworld or Vue and big savings like up to 40% off British Airways European flights.
1 The offer is for new Personal Healthcare plans with a minimum premium of £33 a month. You must be switching from a current health insurance policy and have not made a claim in the last year or two years respectively. Your existing cover will be matched as closely as possible by VitalityHealth. The offer excludes six week plans, health cash plans, plans with an excess over £1,000 and diagnostics only plans.
2 £500 saving is based on a Vitality member on Bronze status taking advantage of Virgin Active monthly discounted gym membership and weekly cinema reward.
3 Available on certain iOS and Android devices via an app. Video consultations held within 48 hours of first contact, limited to 4 per member per year and not available on Sundays. Conditions apply.
4 Flexible individual monthly membership. Joining fees are up to £50 for all clubs other than Classic Collection clubs, where joining fees are up to £150. This offer does not apply to Chiswick Riverside Health and Racquet Club.
1. This offer is open to all new individuals purchasing a new VitalityHealth Personal Health Insurance plan (“VitalityHealth Insurance”) who:
(a) comply with these terms and conditions;
(b) hold an active private medical insurance (“PMI”) policy with in-patient and day-patient cover with one of VitalityHealth’s direct competitors (including but not limited to AXA PPP Healthcare, BUPA, Aviva and Simplyhealth); and
(c) have not made a claim on any PMI policy for:
I. the last two years (a “5% offer “Eligible Participant”)
II. In the last year (a “matching offer Eligible Participant”)
Together referred to as the “Eligible Participants”.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, the following PMI policies are excluded from the offer:
(a) six week PMI policies or PMI polices with a six week option;
(b) health cash PMI policies;
(c) PMI policies with an excess of over £1,000; and
(d) PMI policies which only cover diagnoses and not treatment of a condition (diagnostic only PMI policies).
3. The VitalityHealth Insurance quotation must be obtained either directly with VitalityHealth or through an adviser who is operating in one of VitalityHealth’s “Sales Channels”. For the purposes of these terms, a Sales Channel shall be deemed to include a professional broker, authorised representative or insurance intermediary.
4. Eligible Participants must give one of the following to their chosen Sales Channel at the point of submitting their VitalityHealth Insurance application:
(a) in the case of Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance which would incept in the 'renewal cycle' of their existing PMI policy, a copy of their renewal quote; or
(b) in the case of all other Eligible Participants who are applying for VitalityHealth Insurance which would incept prior to the 'renewal cycle' of their existing PMI policy, documentation confirming their existing PMI policy premium;
‘renewal cycle’ refers to the period from 30 days prior to renewal date up to and beyond the renewal date.
Each a “Competitor’s Quote”.
5. The insurance quotation given by the chosen Sales Channel for the VitalityHealth Insurance (“VitalityHealth Quote”) will be based on the equivalent level of cover provided under the Competitor’s Quote. For the avoidance of doubt, the VitalityHealth Quote will be priced on comparable benefits and exclusions incorporated in an Eligible Participant’s current PMI policy, in accordance with the Switch Guidelines issued to the Sales Channel by VitalityHealth. A minimum monthly premium payment of £33 will apply to any VitalityHealth Insurance plan. The criteria on which the quotations will be matched is as follows:
(a) the closest level of excess (if the same excess is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available excess level below the Competitor Quote’s excess level);
(b) the closest level of psychiatric cover (if the same psychiatric cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit);
(c) the closest level of out-patient benefit (if the same out-patient cover limit is not available, the VitalityHealth Quote will be based on the closest available cover limit above the Competitor Quote’s cover limit; and
(d) the closest hospital list (excluding Countrywide Plus Hospital list outside the M25); the “Matching Criteria”.
6. The following offers will not be deemed by VitalityHealth to form part of the Competitor’s Quote and will be excluded from the comparison for the purposes of the Matching Criteria:
(a) dental, travel or other discounted, free or non PMI modules; and
(b) months’ free offers and other negotiated discounts.
7. Subject to the quotations being successfully matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth may offer the VitalityHealth Insurance to:-
a) the 5% offer Eligible Participants at a minimum of 5 per cent (excluding any applicable Insurance Premium Tax or any other tax imposition) cheaper than the Competitor’s Quote (the “ 5% Discount”); or
b) the matching offer Eligible Participants at the matched price of the Eligible participant’s current premium or renewal quote (“the Matching Offer”).
8. For the avoidance of doubt the 5% Discount may be either a minimum of (i) 5% cheaper than an Eligible Participant’s renewal quote or (ii) 5% cheaper than the Eligible Participant’s current premium if they are outside the renewal period.
9. The 5% Discount and Matching Offer will always be subject to the minimum monthly premium payments for any VitalityHealth Insurance plan of £33 and may be adjusted accordingly.
10. Eligible Participants who wish to take advantage of this offer are required to email or post a copy of the insurance certificate for their existing PMI policy (detailing cover levels, exclusions and member details) to VitalityHealth on request.
11. VitalityHealth reserves the right to request an original copy of the Competitor’s Quote from an Eligible Participant at any time.
12. Should the Eligible Participant fail to provide satisfactory evidence of the Competitor’s Quote, or where the documents provided to VitalityHealth in response to the requirements set out in either clauses 10 and/or 11 above reveals that the Competitor’s Quote cannot be matched in accordance with the Matching Criteria, VitalityHealth will not be obliged to provide the 5% Discount or the Matching Offer and any VitalityHealth Insurance purchased will be charged at the full market rate.
13. VitalityHealth reserves the right to extend the promotional period at any time. VitalityHealth Quotes will be valid for thirty days from the date of issue. This offer does not apply to existing VitalityHealth planholders.
14. Eligible Participants acknowledge and agree that VitalityHealth Insurance is an annual contract and subject to a price review at each renewal in the future. The matched or 5% Switch offer Discount will be applied to the new business standard premium (subject always to clauses 15 and 16 below).
15. Eligible Participants acknowledge that in the event of inaccurate or incomplete information being provided that impacts the premiums or terms of VitalityHealth Insurance in any way, the Matching Offer and/or 5% Discount (as applicable) will cease to be applied and VitalityHealth reserves the right to charge the full rate for the plan.
16. VitalityHealth reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time, including in the event of fraudulent behaviour.
17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. This offer is made by Vitality Corporate Services Limited (company number 05933141) of 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ, trading as VitalityHealth. VitalityHealth is the trading name of Vitality Corporate Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.