How your cinema reward works
Find out how to earn and claim your cinema reward
Watching the latest blockbuster is a great way to unwind, so if you get active, we’ll reward you with cinema tickets.
Included on all Personal Healthcare and Business Healthcare plans, excluding members with Vitality Essentials as part of a Business Healthcare plan. Available on Life plans with Wellness Optimiser or Vitality Optimiser for an additional monthly fee and VitalityInvest Retirement Plans in drawdown with Vitality Plus for an additional monthly fee.*
How to earn a cinema ticket
- Complete your online Health Review in the Member Zone
- Earn 12 activity points a week for two consecutive weeks.
How to claim your cinema ticket
- Each active week runs from Monday to Sunday
- Make sure your activity points are showing on your Vitality points statement by midnight on Sunday
- You’ll then be able to generate a cinema ticket code on the following Monday
- If you’re a Northern Ireland member, you’ll need to email us to order a cinema voucher.
How to generate your cinema ticket code – all members except Northern Ireland
- To generate your cinema code, select the cinema you’d like to go to
- Then use your code to book your ticket on the Cineworld or Vue website
- Each active week runs from Monday to midnight on Sunday, so your cinema code will be valid for 14 days from the Monday. However, if you generate your code later in the week, your expiry date will be less than 14 days.
Example – all members except Northern Ireland
If you’re active in consecutive weeks 1 and 2, you’ll be able to generate a code from the Monday of week 3. This will expire at midnight Sunday of week 4, regardless of when in the fortnight you generate your code.
If you don't reach the activity points target in week 1, but hit it in weeks 2 and 3, a code can be generated from the Monday of week 4, which is valid until the Sunday of week 5.
How to get your cinema ticket code in Northern Ireland
- The principal member on the plan can only order cinema vouchers by email within one calendar month of earning Vitality activity points
- We’ll send your cinema voucher by email 3 days later
- Vouchers are valid for one month, though this may vary. You can then book at the box office of any of these cinemas:
Email email@example.com and include the following information:
- Email address
- Vitality membership number
- Which cinema you'd like to go to
- Number of tickets
Alternatively, you can call us on 0345 602 3523 Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm, Saturday 9am – 1pm.
Example – Northern Ireland members
If you’re active in consecutive weeks 1 and 2, you’ll be able to email us for a cinema voucher from the Monday of week 3.
We'll send your vouchers by email 3 days later and there will be an expiry date, which will tell you how long you have to use them. The average expiry date is one month, but this may vary.
If you don't reach the activity points target in week 1, but hit it in weeks 2 and 3, you can email us for a cinema voucher from the Monday of week 4.
Track your progress
It’s easy to keep track of your points progress towards your cinema reward.
On the Vitality Member app:
In Member Zone:
If you have child dependants on your plan
- Child dependants aged under 18 can’t claim cinema ticket codes
- To get cinema tickets for every child dependant, each adult member on your plan needs to earn 12 Vitality activity points per week for the same two consecutive weeks
- Dependants on your plan aged 18 and over need to earn 12 activity points a week for two consecutive weeks and can claim their own cinema ticket.
Need to know
- Each member on your plan is entitled to one cinema ticket every fortnight – each active week runs from Monday to midnight on Sunday.
- If you’re a VitalityLife or VitalityInvest member the maximum number of tickets you can claim during a plan year is capped – see Member Zone for more information.
- Maximum of one ticket each fortnight for each person on your plan at either a Cineworld or Vue cinema or selected cinemas in Northern Ireland.
- Once you’ve used your code or voucher in Northern Ireland to book a cinema ticket, you will not be able to claim a replacement one, even if you don’t go to the screening you booked.
- If you’re visiting a Cineworld cinema, codes are not valid for viewings at Cineworld Leicester Square or for alternative content and special showings. Upgrades for 3D and 4DX films, IMAX, Superscreen, D-Box formats and Cheltenham Screening Rooms are available for an additional cost. Upgrades can be booked online or at the cinema. 3D glasses will also incur an additional cost. Not applicable to Northern Ireland members.
- If you’re visiting a Vue cinema, codes are not valid for Premieres, Event Cinema, alternative content and special screenings. Codes are valid for Mini Morning screenings. Upgrades for all screenings at Vue Leicester Square, 3D, Xtreme, IMAX and VIP and Recliner seats are available for an additional cost. Upgrades can be booked online or at the cinema. 3D glasses will also incur an additional cost. Not applicable to Northern Ireland members.
- All cinema tickets are subject to the cinema’s own terms and conditions.
*Cinema rewards are included on all Personal Healthcare and Business Healthcare plans, excluding members with Vitality Essentials as part of a Business Healthcare plan. If you have a Life plan, you’ll need to add Wellness Optimiser or Vitality Optimiser for an additional monthly fee of £4.50 per adult, plus have a minimum monthly premium of £30 for single policies and £40 for joint policies. You can add Vitality Plus to your VitalityInvest Retirement Plan in drawdown for an additional fee of £4.50 a month. Vitality Plus is not available on other VitalityInvest plans.
The maximum number of tickets eligible Life or Invest members can claim during a plan year is capped at a maximum of 12 for single planholders, a maximum of 24 tickets a year if you’re a joint planholder with no child or adult dependants on your plan, and a maximum of 36 tickets a year if you’re a family with one or more children/adult dependants on your plan.