The right medical expert for you, chosen by medical experts.
Consultant Select gives you complete peace of mind, by putting your treatment path in the hands of the consultants. Once you get an open referral from your Vitality GP or NHS GP, we pass your details to our independent consultant panel. Based strictly on your medical needs, they choose the best and most convenient consultant for you, leaving you with one less thing to worry about.Consultant Select is a more cost effective way to access private healthcare, because it streamlines the treatment path and makes it easier. However if you want to be treated at a particular hospital, you can also select a hospital list to add to your plan.
How it works
To guarantee quality of treatment, all consultants are reviewed by an independent panel of their peers. They endorse every consultant with the statement: ‘I would recommend this consultant to treat my family’.
Limited time offer
Get Mental Health Cover at no extra cost when you start a new Personal Healthcare plan
Why choose Consultant Select?
Quick access to treatment
Excluding exceptional circumstances no member will wait longer than 10 days, or travel further than 40 minutes for an appointment.
Our Panel of consultants are all independently selected and regularly audited to ensure they always offer the highest standards of care.
A dedicated service channel
Consultant Select starts with ensuring quality through a trusted, guided network with broad access to consultants at a competitive price.
Peace of mind
With the Vitality Patient Charter, you have the right to change consultant within the panel, if you’re not happy.
Don't just take our word for it
✓ Accessible appointments - 99.95% of members have an appointment within 40 minutes travel time.
✓ More choice - 99% of members have a choice of two appointments offered within 10 calendar days.
✓ Faster recovery average - Length of stay down 29%.
✓ Better quality outcomes - Readmissions down 55%.
✓ Right doctor first time - Follow up consultations down by 21%.
✓ Happier members - Customer satisfaction NPS - 57.
Vitality data 2018-2019
Consultant Select FAQs
Can I choose what hospital I'm treated at?
How do I claim with Consultant Select?
How quickly can I access care?
Is Consultant Select included in Core Cover?
What exceptional circumstances may impact my wait/travel time for a consultation?
The Consultant select Panel covers virtually all specialties of medicine and surgery. Occasionally, there may be instances for rural locations, or for cases which require especially complex or specialist care (typically at sub-specialty level), when a member may wait or travel slightly longer for a consultation. These locations include the far South West and North East of England, and parts of Wales, Scotland and the Lake District. Please contact VitalityHealth directly if you have any questions about coverage in your area.
If a Panel consultant is not available, for any reason, we will help you find a consultant from our broader base of over 20,000 recognised consultants.
Who are Alliance Health Group?
Award-winning health insurance from £1.15 per day.
Or ask for a call back and we’ll get in touch at a time to suit you.
Lines are open:
Monday to Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
Sunday and bank holidays: Closed
Consultant Select Mental Health Offer
This Consultant Select Offer (defined at paragraph 1 below) is open to all individuals purchasing a new VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare Insurance plan and all employers purchasing a new VitalityHealth Business Healthcare Insurance plan, who:
a) Comply with these terms and conditions; and
b) Have not held a Personal Healthcare plan or Business Healthcare plan with VitalityHealth in the last 6 months.
1. The offer provides Vitality’s Mental Health Cover option at no additional cost for members who are covered by the Consultant Select treatment option (the “Consultant Select Offer” and references to “this offer” in these terms and conditions shall be to the Consultant Select Offer).
2. For Personal Healthcare members, this offer is valid for plans with a start date between 01/01/2020 and 30/09/2020 inclusive.
3. For Business Healthcare members, this offer is valid for plans with a start date between 01/02/2020 and 30/09/2020 inclusive.
4. Quotes are available for both Personal Healthcare and Business Healthcare plans from 01/12/2019.
5. For new Personal Healthcare plans, customers must select the Mental Health Cover option when generating an online quote.
6. For new Business Healthcare plans, customers must request a call back where a quote including the Consultant Select Offer will be provided by an adviser on request.
7. The included Mental Health Cover benefit applies for the life of the plan, provided that the member continues to be covered by the Consultant Select treatment option.
8. For Personal Healthcare, members added to the respective plan as dependants will also have the Mental Health Cover option automatically included for the time they remain on the plan and are covered under the Consultant Select treatment option.
9. For Business Healthcare schemes, any new principal members or dependants that are added to the plan after the plan start date, will have Mental Health Cover automatically included for the time they remain on the plan and are covered under Consultant Select.
10. This offer is subject to standard underwriting procedures, which may mean that some mental health conditions will not be eligible for cover immediately, and some may not be covered at all.
11. Where a claim is made under the Mental Health Cover option, this will be included in the claims experience for the purpose of calculating the premium increase at renewal.
12. If the treatment option is later changed to be something other than Consultant Select, the Mental Health Cover option will immediately begin to be charged for.
13. This offer is not available to Corporate Healthcare clients.
14. VitalityHealth reserves the right to withdraw this offer at its discretion.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.