Healthy eating partner
Earn a delicious discount with Mindful Chef
✓ Buy a Vitality Health or Life Plan
✓ Get active to earn Vitality points
✓ Devour your weekly discount of up to £10 off your Mindful Chef shop.
Choose from fresh recipe boxes or their Ready to Go range. A
delivery fee will apply.
Qualifying plans and terms and conditions apply.
Get a health quote Get a life quote
Mindful Chef – the perfect accompaniment to your healthy lifestyleMindful Chef make healthy eating easy by delivering fresh recipe boxes and their Ready to Go range straight to your door.
Each week choose from 20 healthy recipes, with precise ingredients delivered straight to your door. Recipes are between 450-650 calories and gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. All ingredients are ethically sourced, with 100% British meat, free-range chicken and sustainably caught fish.
Ready to Go range
The Ready to Go range is perfect for when your chopping board needs a break. Fill your freezer with organic broths, soups, smoothies and delicious healthy frozen ready meals. There’s also a wide variety of gut-boosting breakfasts to choose from. Everything is free from gluten, dairy, and refined sugar.
Buy a qualifying health or life insurance plan and stay active to get your discount. Spend £45 or more on a weekly subscription with Mindful Chef and get a discount of £5 or £10 depending on your plan. A delivery fee will apply.
Read the full terms and conditions to learn more.
How does the Mindful Chef weekly reward work?
Buy a Vitality insurance product
Choose from a qualifying Vitality health insurance or life insurance plan.
Sign up to Mindful Chef
Register for Member Zone to be able to sign up for Mindful Chef. You'll also need to complete your Health Review. And link your Mindful Chef account.
Link your device to Vitality and get active to earn your weekly Mindful Chef discount.
Healthy eating, made easy
Mindful Chef makes healthy eating easy with their nutritionally balanced, healthy recipe boxes and Ready to Go range (perfect for when your chopping board needs a break). All products are free from gluten, dairy, and refined sugars with a wide variety of vegan options too.
As a proud B Corp and carbon neutral company, you know that Mindful Chef’s ingredients are sourced ethically, with quality you can taste: 100% free-range chicken. Grass-fed native beef. Sustainably sourced fish. Fresh vegan proteins.
Mindful Chef is a flexible subscription. You can pause, skip, or cancel at any time.
Mindful Chef FAQs
What is a qualifying plan for the Mindful Chef weekly reward?
The below plans are eligible for either the £5 or £10 weekly Mindful Chef discount:
Plans eligible for the £10 weekly Mindful Chef discount:
Any private health insurance plan.
Business health insurance
Any small business health insurance plan.
Any corporate health insurance plan or trust scheme administered by Vitality, with Vitality Plus benefits.
Any life insurance plan with Vitality Plus benefits. To get Vitality Plus, you'll need to:
• Pay at least £45 a month for an individual plan or £60 a month for a joint plan, and
• Add Optimiser onto your life insurance plan for an extra £4.75 a month.
Plans eligible for the £5 weekly Mindful Chef discount:
Business health insurance
Any corporate health insurance plan or trust scheme administered by Vitality, with Vitality Select benefits.
Vitality at Work Business and selected Vitality at Work Enterprise plans.
Any life insurance plan with Vitality Select benefits.
Does Mindful Chef deliver to my address?
Information correct as of December 2023, further restrictions may apply. Please see the Mindful Chef website for more information.
Is there anything that isn't included in the discount?
How do I get the Mindful Chef discount?
When you stay active, you earn activity points. Just 12 activity points gets you your discount. This is a weekly reward, so to get your reward each week, you’ll need to achieve 12 points each week. For more information on how points work, read our How Points Work page.
If I have a joint plan, are we both eligible for the Mindful Chef discount?
No, if you have one or more joint VitalityHealth or VitalityLife plans, only one eligible adult can claim the Mindful Chef discount.
For all adult members of a joint plan to be eligible for the Mindful Chef discount, each member must also hold separate, sole eligible plans in their own right.
What are the Mindful Chef full terms and conditions?
1) For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a) Account means an active Mindful Chef subscription registered to an Eligible Member;
b) Benefit means:
i. For Vitality Plans with “Vitality Plus”, one (1) £10 discount on the retail price of the Products; or
ii. For Vitality Plans with “Vitality Select”, one (1) £5 discount on the retail price of the Products.
each a “Benefit”, together, the “Benefits”;
c) Eligible Member means any individual aged 18 years or over residing in the United Kingdom who is covered under one of the following Vitality Plans:
(i) Personal Health Insurance - any private health insurance plan administered by Vitality. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, Vitality Plus is deemed to be included on these plans;
(ii) Business Health Insurance
a. any small business health insurance plan administered by Vitality. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, Vitality Plus is deemed to be included on these plans;
b. any corporate health insurance plans or trust schemes administered by Vitality with Vitality Plus or Vitality Select;
(iii) Life insurance - any life insurance plan administered by Vitality with Vitality Plus or Vitality Select;
(iv) Investments - any investment plan administered by Vitality with Vitality Select or Vitality Plus;
(v) Vitality at Work – Vitality at Work Business and selected Vitality at Work Enterprise plans administered by Vitality. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, Vitality Select is deemed to be included on these plans;
together the “Vitality Plans”.
d) Products means all meal kits, recipe boxes or other products listed on Mindful Chef’s website at www.mindfulchef.com;
e) Vitality means Vitality Corporate Services Limited (registered number 05933141) of 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ; and
f) Vitality Points means points awarded by Vitality to Eligible Members when they perform certain activities. –. Details on how Eligible Members earn Vitality Points can be found on the “How to Earn Points” page on the Vitality Member Zone.
2) To redeem the Benefits, an Eligible Member (the “Linked Eligible Member”) must first set up an account with Mindful Chef and must have linked this account with their Vitality account. Eligible Members who do not already have a Mindful Chef account can register for one by going to www.mindfulchef.com. To receive the Benefit, the two accounts need to be linked by 11.59pm on the Wednesday of the week in which the Benefit is to be awarded.
3) For the avoidance of doubt:
(i) only one Eligible Member per Vitality Plan can be a Linked Eligible Member. Once a Vitality Plan has a Linked Eligible Member, a Mindful Chef account belonging to anyone other than that Linked Eligible Member (including anyone else on the same Vitality Plan) cannot be linked to that Vitality Plan; and
(ii) the same Mindful Chef account cannot be linked to more than one Vitality Plan (and, if this occurs, Benefits will only be issued in respect of one Vitality Plan).
4) If the Linked Eligible Member earns at least 12 Vitality Points in a week and uploads those points to their online Vitality account, so that by 11.59am on the Wednesday of the following week at least 12 Vitality Points show on their “Vitality Points Statement”, then they will be entitled to receive the applicable Benefit (depending on whether they have Vitality Plus or Vitality Select on their Vitality Plan) during that following week. Vitality Points will not be earned for any data not uploaded. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions and the earning of Vitality Points, a week runs from 12:00am Monday to 11:59pm Sunday.
5) Only Vitality Points earned and uploaded by the Linked Eligible Member to their Vitality account will contribute towards earning Benefits. Additionally, Benefits can only be redeemed by the Linked Eligible Member and cannot be transferred to other members on the Vitality Plan, or anyone else.
6) The Benefit will appear within the Linked Eligible Member’s Vitality account on the Thursday following the week in which the Vitality Points were earned by the Linked Eligible Member. The Benefit will automatically apply to the next Products being billed for (excluding any delivery charges that may apply). Benefits are valid for seven (7) days from the date of issue, irrespective of whether the Linked Eligible Member has chosen to skip their recipe box for a week. (e.g. a discount issued between 12.01-1am on Thursday morning will expire at midnight the following Wednesday). Each week you’ll be notified via your Mindful Chef account email when your discount is valid for.
7) There is a minimum basket size of £45 before the Benefit is applied. Only one discount can be redeemed per transaction.
8) Benefits will not be awarded retrospectively.
9) To continue to be eligible for the Benefits during each plan year, the Linked Eligible Member must update their Health Review in the Vitality Member Zone before 12.00am on the Sunday following their plan renewal date.
10) The Benefits are also subject to Mindful Chef’s terms and conditions and Members agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11) The Benefits are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternative offer is available.
12) All decisions made over eligibility or otherwise in relation to these Benefits by Vitality are final, shall not be open to dispute and are made at Vitality’s sole discretion. No correspondence will be entered into.
13) Vitality Corporate Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office at 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ.
14) Vitality reserves the right to vary, extend or withdraw the Benefits at any time and for any reason.