Vitality announces new partnership with Samsung1 June 2021 – Vitality has today announced it has partnered with Samsung UK to integrate Samsung Health into the Vitality Programme, providing members with more ways to track their activity and improve their health.
The new partnership with Samsung will unlock the full benefits of the Vitality Programme to Android users as members will be able to link their Samsung Health profile to their Vitality Member Zone account to automatically capture daily steps and heart rate activity to earn Vitality activity points.
As part of the partnership, members will be able to access a discount of 30% off a Samsung Galaxy Watch3, which can track activity, heart rate, and sleep. An additional offer of 40% off a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 - which, in addition to tracking activity, heart rate and sleep - also offers actionable insights on running style and heart rate, is available until the end of June1.
This 40% offer is part of Vitality’s ‘Step into Summer’ initiative1, which provides members with a range of new and enhanced benefits to support physical and mental health this summer.
Vitality members with a Vitality Health, Life, Invest or Vitality at Work plan - including those who already have a wearable device - will be able to access the discount.
Vitality’s unique shared value insurance model is founded on the principles of behavioural economics, where members are incentivised and rewarded to keep an active and healthy lifestyle, which benefits the member, the insurer and society.
Nick Read, Managing Director of the Vitality Programme, said: “We are always looking at how we can help get more people living healthy and active lives, so we’re delighted to announce our new partnership with Samsung, which will open up the full benefits of the Vitality Programme to Samsung customers.”
Notes to editors
(1) Step into Summer
Step into Summer is a series of offers which aim to help members look after their physical and mental health as lockdown eases. The pack includes:
- £50 Expedia cashback for members who earn 40 Vitality activity points in June or July and make a booking with Expedia by 31st August 2021.
- One year’s subscription to Headspace
- 40% off a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 until 30 June 2021
- Up to 36% off selected Fitbit devices. A £6 delivery charge will apply.
- Six months’ access to the Peloton app available until 30 June 2021
- Six months’ Virgin Active Online+ membership available until 30 June 2021
- Exclusive access to a brand-new Nike & Vitality apparel range
- A bag of Caffè Nero coffee or capsules plus 50% off other coffee products when you earn 40 Vitality activity points in a month. Available until 30 June 2021
The partner offers are available on selected Vitality health, life and invest plans until 30 June 2021. The Expedia offer is available until 31 July 2021. Partner terms and conditions apply.
For further information, please contact: