Frequently asked questions
Your most common questions answered
How do I change my start date?
If you are the plan owner you can change the start date of your plan by calling us on 0345 601 0072. You will need your plan number to hand, so you can be identified.
The rules around changing your start date are that you can only:
- Make one start date change per lifetime of the plan
- Move the date forward or back by one month.
Where can I find general plan information?
You can find all your plan and benefit information on your dashboard. Simply click ‘Plan Details on the right hand side’.
If you require more information than what is in your Plan details, please call us on 0345 601 0072. You will need the plan number to hand, so you can be identified.
How do I make a change to my plan?
If you would like to make a change to your plan, including adding or removing a benefit or adding or removing a person on the plan, please call us on
0345 601 0072.
Please note, depending on the requested change you may be subject to further underwriting.
How do I request printed notifications or plan documents?
If you would like to request a printed copy of a notification or plan document, or for something to be re-sent, please call our servicing team on 0345 601 0072.
You will need your plan number to hand to identify who you are. If you have permission to request the notification or document, we will arrange for this to be sent to you at the email address or postal address recorded on our system for the plan.
How do I update my personal details, including change of address?
You can update your telephone number, email address and postal address by clicking here.
If you require further help, please call us on 0345 601 0072.
The address of the plan can only be updated by a plan owner.
If you are changing the name of the company, you’ll need to send us a request in writing on the company letterhead to firstname.lastname@example.org or in written to FREEPOST VITALITYLIFE.
How can I update my bank details?
You can update the bank details of the plan by clicking here.
When updating your bank details, you will need to confirm the date of your preferred payment collection from the new bank account.
If you require further help, please call us on 0345 601 0072. To update the bank details over the phone, you need to be a plan owner and be the account owner of the bank details or joint account. A Direct Debit Instruction mandate will be sent to be completed.
How do I make a claim?
To make a claim on your plan, please call our dedicated team on 0345 601 0072 or email email@example.com. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
Before getting in touch with our claims team, please refer to the important information you will need to make a claim by visiting www.vitality.co.uk/support/claiming and clicking on the Life Insurance tab.
How can I amend/manage my Vitality Nurse appointment?
How do I make a complaint?
To make a complaint, please call our dedicated team on 0345 601 0072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Lines are open Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 6pm and Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
For more information on how we handle complaints, visit www.vitality.co.uk/legal/complaints.
How do I pay a missed premium?
How do I get an update on my plan premium(s)?
Who can I contact if I have a SAGA Guaranteed Over 50’s Plan?
Common product related questions answered
How does Vitality know who to pay my life insurance to?
What am I covered for?
Your cover depends on the benefits you selected on each of your VitalityLife plan(s).
- We usually give you your level of cover and explain that it would payout in the event of a death or terminal illness, where you have less than 12 months to live.
Serious Illness Cover:
- We offer two types of cover with Serious Illness Cover – Primary and Comprehensive
- Number of conditions that were covered before April 2018 – 114 Primary and 174 Comprehensive
- Number of conditions that were covered after April 2018 to date –145 Primary and 178 Comprehensive
- Severity levels before April 2018 – severity A to D Primary and severity A to G Comprehensive
- Severity levels after April 2018 – severity A to E Primary and severity A to G Comprehensive.
Income Protection Cover:
- We offer two types of cover with Income Protection Cover – Primary and Comprehensive
- Our Hospitalisation Benefit helps you cover additional costs while you’re hopitalised during your deferred period
- Public Sector benefit – aligned to your deferred period and matches your current public sector employer sickness pay scheme. Available to those who work within the NHS, UK local councils and the public sector as teachers
- Short Term Income Protection Cover – monthly income for up to two years if claimed for an illness or injury.
Does the Life cover pay out for any type of death?
Yes, however in the event of a suicide we will not pay a claim for the following reasons:
- If one of the people covered dies as a result of a suicide within 12 months of:
- Start date of the Life Cover
- The date they were added to the plan
- The date the plan was re-instated if it was suspended because of non-payment.
How does Serious Illness Cover work?
Our Serious Illness cover pays out a lump sum if a member is diagnosed with an illness or condition that we cover.
The lump sum is measured by the severity of the illness – this would be between 5% to 100% based on a scale from severity A to G.