Five-star mortgage insurance
FEATURES OF OUR MORTGAGE PROTECTION INSURANCE
VitalityLife offers a comprehensive mortgage protection which gives you the option to include Income Protection and Serious Illness Cover with your Life Cover.
HOW IT HELPS
Knowing your life insurance can cover your house-buying debt helps ease the financial pressure and stress of illness, as well as protect your family.
Get something back for your premiums
Up to 40% off your starting premium1
40% off monthly gym membership2
(a joining fee applies)
Cinema tickets at Cineworld or Vue for being active3
The opportunity to earn cashback
And much more besides.
Two steps to complete when you select your mortgage plan
Vitality Mortgage Plan offers a choice of benefits to include on your plan and the amount of cover you want.
Fast, easy underwriting - Just five medical questions means you can be covered in a matter of minutes with Optimiser Underwriting**.
Our comprehensive Mortgage Plan makes things quick, easy and stress-free.
Protect your family's future and choose the level of your life cover to be:
- Decreasing, to match mortgage payments
- Level, where the amount of cover remains the same throughout the term
- Indexed, which annually increase the cover amount by the rate of the inflation
Receive a regular income if you fall ill, injured or disabled and are as a result unable to work. Our Income Protection gives you a monthly tax-free income, which can be used to cover not only your mortgage, but also medical costs and other bills whilst recovering.
Our 5-star defaqto rated Income Protection also includes:
- Financial support when you return to work, if you return with a reduced capacity and earn less than before you were off work.
- An additional payment when you return to work to help you manage with any additional costs.
Serious Illness Cover
Protect your financial future in the event of serious illness, with our tailored Serious Illness Cover Protector for comprehensive mortgage protection.
- We cover for more conditions than any insurer, including heart attacks, strokes and cancers. We apply severity-based approach covering 145 conditions
- 77 conditions paid out at 100% to fully cover your mortgage when you suffer from the most severe conditions
- 68 conditions paid out between 15% and 75% to help you cover mortgage when you suffer from the most severe conditions
- Cover is fully protected for lower severity conditions ensuring the full sum assured will always be paid at 100% for conditions such as heart attacks, cancers or strokes, and on death.
- Ability to make multiple lower severity claims, on progressive or unrelated conditions, up to 3 times the original cover amount.
You can choose your amount of Serious Illness Cover independently from the Life Cover amount.
For an even more comprehensive cover, choose from the extra cover options below.
Optional Serious Illness Cover for Children
You could get a lump sum payment if your child suffers a serious illness. The amount we pay is between 15% and 100% of the cover amount, depending on the severity of the illness. If the pay-out is less than the cover amount, and your child's illness gets worse or they're diagnosed with another illness, they will still be covered and you can claim again.
Waiver of Premium on Incapacity
Get your premiums waived if you are unable to work because of illness or injury.
Extra benefits, available with Vitality Optimiser
- By taking part in our Healthy Living Programme, you earn Vitality points and a Vitality status. Your status at the end of each year determines your protection premium for the following year.
- To help you stay active, we offer a range of partner discounts and rewards. And the opportunity to reduce premiums every year if you take steps to maintain good health.
- Optimiser underwriting - with just 5 medical questions available with Vitality Optimiser**.
- Mortgage Free Cover - temporary cover if anything should happen to you between the time you legally commit to buying a home and when your policy starts*.
1 Minimum monthly protection premiums of £30 for a single policy and £40 for a joint policy apply. The premium discount is available on Whole of Life policies with Vitality Optimiser for an additional monthly fee of £4.50. This fee is subject to change. To find out about these charges please read our reward terms and conditions.
2 Available with Vitality Optimiser for an additional fee of £4.50 per month. Available at participating gyms in our Vitality Network. Applies to Flexible Individual Platinum membership at selected David Lloyd Clubs. This offer does not apply to the Virgin Active Chiswick Riverside Health and Racquet club.
Virgin Active joining fees are £50 for all clubs other than Classic Collection clubs, where joining fees are up to £75.
The Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing discount is available at selected clubs. Applies to one month contracts. A joining fee of £30 will apply.
40% off Individual Flexible Platinum membership fees at selected David Lloyd Clubs. A joining fee of £60 will apply.
3 Each adult member on the plan will need to earn 12 Vitality activity points per week for two consecutive weeks to unlock a cinema code. If you have children on your plan, each adult will need to earn 12 points a week for two consecutive weeks to unlock child cinema tickets. Your cinema ticket code will be valid for two weeks. Maximum of 12 tickets a year if you are a single planholder, 24 tickets a year if you are a joint planholder or 36 tickets a year if you are a family with one or more dependents on your plan. The cinema tickets are valid at either Cineworld or Vue cinema.
Codes are not valid for viewings at Cineworld Leicester Square or for alternative content and special showings. Upgrades for 3D and 4DX films are available at Cineworld for an additional cost. Upgrades for 3D films and VIP seats are available at Vue for an additional cost. VIP seats can only be booked at the cinema and not online. Cinema ticket voucher codes can only be used by Vitality members. In absolutely no circumstances can voucher codes be sold or gifted to third parties by a member. Maximum cinema tickets per year apply.
* To be eligible for Mortgage Free Cover the plan application must meet all of the following criteria:
• The plan is being used to cover a loan arranged through a recognised financial institution;
• The loan is being used to buy or improve the Insured’s home;
• The loan is not being used to pay for a remortgage;
• The loan is not covered by another life assurance policy or free cover arrangement similar to this Mortgage Free Cover;
• We have accepted the application (i.e. there are no outstanding underwriting requirements)
• The period from when the application was received to when the Insured is legally committed to the loan is less than four months;
Mortgage Free Cover will start on the later of the date we issue an acceptance later and the date the Insured becomes legally committed to the loan.
** Eligibility criteria applies. Additional monthly fee applies for Vitality Optimiser.