Connect Apple Watch, Apple Health, and the Vitality Member app
Before you begin
Please make sure you have completed these guides
Apple Watch User Guide
Follow this Apple Watch support guide to connect your Apple Watch to your Apple iPhone
Register for Member Zone
Once you've registered in the Member Zone, use your username and password to log in to the Vitality Member app
To connect your Apple Watch to the Vitality Member app, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Please note that you must be using an Apple iPhone to earn points with Apple Watch and Apple Health, it's not possible to use an Apple iPad.
Step 1 - Download the Vitality Member app
- Open the App Store on your iPhone
- Tap Search and enter 'Vitality' in the search box
- Select 'Vitality UK Member'
- Tap 'Get' to download the app to your iPhone
- Enter your Member Zone username and password
- Tap ‘Log in’
Step 3 - Connect the Vitality Member app to Apple Health
- Tap ‘Connect with Vitality’
- From the devices section, tap the ‘Apple Health’ logo
Step 4 - Choose which Apple Health data sources to read
- Under ‘Allow “Vitality” to read date’ ensure that ‘Heart Rate’, ‘Steps’ and ‘Workouts’ are turned on
- You should now have three green sliders displayed
- Tap 'Allow' in the top right corner
Step 5 - Check Apple Health is now linked to the Vitality Member app
- In the 'Devices' section of the Vitality Member app check that Apple Health is underneath 'Devices currently linked'
Step 6 - Check Apple Watch is prioritised within Apple Health Data Sources
- Open the Apple Health app
- Click 'Summary'
- Click the steps you've done today
- Scroll down to the bottom, then click 'Data Sources & Access'
- Under ‘Data Sources’, ensure Apple Watch is at the top of the list
- To move it to the top, press 'edit' at the top of the screen and hold the three lines that appear next to your Apple Watch. Then, drag it to the top of the list.
- Tap Done.
Frequently asked questions
What activities can I track with an Apple Watch to earn Vitality activity points?
What's the difference between Apple Health, Apple Watch and the Vitality Member app?
To earn Vitality activity points, you need to use the Apple Health app on your iPhone.
It can take step data from your iPhone (if you're using an iPhone 5s or later) or steps and heart rate workouts from your Apple Watch.
The Vitality Member app, as well as giving you easy access to your Vitality Plan Points statement, Vitality Age and Active Rewards if your plan is eligible, is also able to take some data from Apple Health and use that to award Vitality activity points for your workouts.
Where can I see my Vitality activity points
Apple Watch support guides
Find out further information about your Apple Watch, earning Vitality points, or troubleshoot an issue with our support guides
Track and sync steps with Apple Watch
Follow this guide to find out how to track and sync steps with Apple Watch
Heart rate workouts with Apple Watch
Follow this guide to find out how to track and sync heart rate workouts with Apple Watch
Apple Watch troubleshooting
Use this guide to resolve issues with syncing your points to the Vitality Member app
Apple Watch support videos
Watch our Youtube videos to find out how to track activities and use the Vitality Member app