Connect Apple Watch, Apple Health, and the Vitality Member app
Before you begin
Please make sure you have completed these guides
Apple Watch User Guide
Follow this Apple Watch support guide to connect your Apple Watch to your Apple iPhone
Register for Member Zone
Once you've registered in the Member Zone, use your username and password to log in to the Vitality Member app
To connect your Apple Watch to the Vitality Member app, watch our quick video or follow the step-by-step instructions below. For a full screen version click here.
Please note that you must be using an Apple iPhone to earn points with Apple Watch and Apple Health, it's not possible to use an Apple iPad.
Step 1 - Download the Vitality Member app
- Open the App Store on your iPhone
- Tap Search and enter 'Vitality' in the search box
- Select 'Vitality UK Member'
- Tap 'Get' to download the app to your iPhone
- Enter your Member Zone username and password
- Tap ‘Log in’
Step 3 - Connect the Vitality Member app to Apple Health
- Tap ‘Rewards’
- Scroll to ‘Link your device’ and tap ‘Apple Health’
- Tap ‘Connect to Apple Health’
Step 4 - Choose which Apple Health data sources to read
- Open the Apple Health app
- Tap ‘Sources’
- Tap ‘Vitality’
- Under 'Allow ’Vitality to read data’ ensure that 'Heart Rate', 'Steps', and 'Workouts' are turned on
- You should now have three green sliders displayed
- Tap 'Done'
Step 5 - Check Apple Health is now linked to the Vitality Member app
- Minimise the Apple Health app – for iPhone 8 or earlier tap the Home button – iPhone X swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen and release quickly
- Open the Vitality Member app and go back to the Rewards page
- Click on the Apple Health icon
- There should now be a pink tick with the text ‘Connected to Apple Health’
Step 6 - Check Apple Watch is prioritised within Apple Health Data Sources
- Minimise the Vitality Member app; iPhone 8 or earlier tap the Home button; iPhone X swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen and release quickly
- Open the Apple Heath app
- Tap ‘Health Data’
- Tap ‘Activity’
- Scroll to and tap on ‘Steps’
- Tap ‘Data Sources & Access’
- Under ‘Data Sources’, ensure Apple Watch is at the top of the list
- To move it to the top, simply tap ‘Edit’, then hold and drag to the top and then tap ‘Done’
Step 7 - Check Apple Health data is set to sync the last 14 days
- Open the Vitality Member app
- Tap ‘Settings’
- Scroll down to ‘Sync Apple Health Data’
- Check it says ‘Last 14 days’ and if not, tap and scroll down to choose ‘Last 14 days’
Please note: We’d recommend that you sync your Apple Health data once a day to ensure your latest activity data has been sent to Vitality.
However, the Vitality Member app is now set to check back over the last 14 days, so if you don’t sync every day, don’t worry.
Frequently asked questions
What activities can I track with an Apple Watch to earn Vitality activity points?
What's the difference between Apple Health, Apple Watch and the Vitality Member app?
To earn Vitality activity points, you need to use the Apple Health app on your iPhone.
It can take step data from your iPhone (if you're using an iPhone 5s or later) or steps and heart rate workouts from your Apple Watch.
The Vitality Member app, as well as giving you easy access to your Vitality Plan Points statement, Vitality Age and Active Rewards if your plan is eligible, is also able to take some data from Apple Health and use that to award Vitality activity points for your workouts.
Where can I see my Vitality activity points
Apple Watch support guides
Find out further information about your Apple Watch, earning Vitality points, or troubleshoot an issue with our support guides
Track and sync steps with Apple Watch
Follow this guide to find out how to track and sync steps with Apple Watch
Heart rate workouts with Apple Watch
Follow this guide to find out how to track and sync heart rate workouts with Apple Watch
Apple Watch troubleshooting
Use this guide to resolve issues with syncing your points to the Vitality Member app
Apple Watch support videos
Watch our Youtube videos to find out how to track activities and use the Vitality Member app