Connect Apple Watch to the Vitality Member app
Before you begin
Have you connected Apple Watch to iPhone?
- If not, you can visit Apple Support to set up your Apple Watch and then come back to this guide.
Have you registered for Vitality Member Zone online?
- If not, you can register here and then come back to this guide
- You’ll then have your Member Zone username and password ready to connect your Apple Watch to the Vitality app.
To connect your Apple Watch to the Vitality Member app, simply watch the quick video or follow the step-by-step instructions below.
1. Download the Vitality Member app
- Open the App Store on your iPhone
- Tap Search and enter ‘Vitality’ in the search box
- Select ‘Vitality UK Member’
- Tap ‘Get’ to download the app to your iPhone
2. Log in to the Vitality Member app
- Enter your Member Zone username and password
- Tap ‘Log in’
3. Connect the Vitality Member app to Apple Health
- Tap ‘Rewards’
- Scroll to ‘Link your device’ and tap ‘Apple Health’
- Tap ‘Connect to Apple Health’
4. Choose which Apple Health data sources to read
- Tap ‘Sources’
- Tap ‘Vitality’ and allow Vitality to read Heart Rate, Steps AND Workouts
- You should now have three green sliders displayed; tap 'Done'
5. Check Apple Health is now linked to the Vitality Member app
- Minimise the Apple Health app by tapping the Home button on your iPhone
- Open the Vitality Member app and go back to the Rewards page
- Your Apple Health icon should now have a pink tick next to it and say ‘Linked’
6. Check Apple Watch is prioritised within Apple Health Data Sources
- Minimise the Vitality Member app by tapping the Home button on your iPhone
- Open the Apple Heath app
- Tap ‘Health Data’
- Tap ‘Activity’
- Scroll to and tap on ‘Steps’
- Tap ‘Data Sources & Access’
- Under ‘Data Sources’, ensure Apple Watch is at the top of the list
- To move it to the top, simply tap ‘Edit’, then hold and drag to the top and then tap ‘Done'
7. Check Apple Health data sync frequency in the Vitality Member app
- Open the Vitality Member app
- Tap ‘Settings’
- Scroll down to ‘SYNC APPLE HEALTH DATA’
- Check it says ‘Last 14 days’ and if not, tap and scroll down to choose ‘Last 14 days’
Please note: We’d recommend that you sync your Apple Health data once a day to ensure your latest activity data has been sent to Vitality.
However, the Vitality Member app is now set to check back over the last 14 days, so if you don’t sync every day, don’t worry.
Apple Watch and Vitality Member app FAQs
To earn Vitality activity points, you need to use the Apple Health app on your iPhone.
It can take step data from your iPhone (if you're using an iPhone 5s or later) or steps and heart rate workouts from your Apple Watch.
The Vitality Member app, as well as giving you easy access to your Vitality activity points statement, Vitality Age and Active Rewards, is also able to take some data from Apple Health and use that to award Vitality activity points for your workouts.