Women In Finance Charter
We are committed to diversity and inclusion because it’s good for our employees, for our business, and for society.
We want all our great people to bring all of themselves to work, so that they can liberate the best in themselves. We know that diversity fosters innovation, which is part of our DNA. And we believe that inclusive diversity promotes social cohesion, which benefits society.
Diversity and inclusion chime with our core purpose, our values, and our shared value model, which make us great and set us apart.
Vitality is a signatory to the Women in Finance Charter. We have committed to gender parity at senior management levels by 2025. As at 31 August 2021 42.4 % of senior managers are women.1
1Vitality HR data.
To help us achieve this target, we have implemented a raft of initiatives:
- Set a target of 60% female appointments into £50k plus roles
- Added this target to our corporate scorecard, which is linked to our bonus scheme for all employees
- Enhanced our recruitment and selection practices to source more talented women
- Consulted our Women’s Forum on gender-related initiatives
- Continued an annual mentoring programme for high performing, high potential employees (at least half of them female)
- Introduced a Women’s Forum to advise on gender issues
- Launched a mentoring programme for high performing, high potential employees (the majority of them women)
- Applied a gender lens to succession planning and talent management
- Launched progressive parental leave and flexible working policies
- Delivered unconscious bias training to all managers
- Rolled out diversity and inclusion training for all employees
- Confirmed that equivalent work attracts equivalent pay at Vitality
- Completed a job levelling project which confirmed that equivalent work attracts equivalent pay at Vitality
- Participated in the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Insuring Women’s Futures initiatives
- Showcased women’s achievements via internal communications platforms
- Appointed and trained diversity and inclusion champions
- Supported working parents with a raft of initiatives during the pandemic.
Many of Vitality’s diversity and inclusion initiatives also focus on black, Asian and minority ethnic employees, and we are Race at Work Charter signatories. In consultation with our BAME Forum, we recently rolled out a race fluency training programme to all employees and have also signed up to the 10,000 black interns programme.
Judy Parfitt, Chief People Officer