Connect Fitbit and the Member Zone
Step 1 - Download the Fitbit app
- Visit the Play Store on android and the App Store on iOS
- Search for Fitbit
- Download the Fitbit app
- Open the Fitbit app
- Tap ‘Join Fitbit’
Step 2 - Select your Fitbit device to set up
- Select your Fitbit device from the list by scrolling down and tapping your device.
- If you don’t have your device yet you can scroll to the bottom and continue without setting up a device.
Step 3 - Login or create a Fitbit account
- Tap ‘Setup’ your Fitbit watch
- Fill in your email address and create a password for your account
- Fill in your details and tap ‘Create account’
- Agree to terms and policies
- Then follow the on screen instructions to complete the setup of your specific Fitbit watch with the Fitbit app
Step 4 - Link your Fitbit account to Vitality
- Go to the ‘Activity Tracker’ page in Member Zone
- Scroll down to Fitbit
- Tap ‘Link’
- Agree to the terms and conditions by tapping the tick box, then tap ‘Link your Fitbit account’
Step 5 - Sign in to your Fitbit account
- You’ll then be prompted to sign in to your Fitbit account
- Tap the tick box next to ‘Allow All’ to share your data with Vitality
- Tap ‘Allow’
Step 6 - Check that Fitbit is linked to Vitality
- You’ll now return to the ‘Activity Tracker’ page in Member Zone, where you’ll see a green tick and ‘Linked’ appear in the Fitbit section on the ‘Activity Tracker’ page.
Step 7 - Sync your Fitbit data with Vitality
- Complete an activity using Fitbit
- Open the Fitbit app
- Check that the activity appears in the Fitbit dashboard at fitbit.com/uk/login
- Your points will then sync with Vitality, make sure you sync your activity points by midnight on Sunday.
Please note: to earn Vitality activity points, you must record a workout of at least 30 minutes in duration and your average heart rate must be at least 60% of your age-related maximum heart rate for that entire workout.
Frequently asked questions
Why are my points not appearing in the Vitality Member app?
How long do I have to exercise for to receive Vitality activity points?
Not what you were looking for?
Take a look at our frequently asked questions or visit Fitbit support for further troubleshooting
Use this guide to resolve issues with syncing your points to the Vitality Member app