Stay active and be rewarded with Amazon Prime
Prime is an annual membership that lets you send, stream, shop, read and more:
- Unlimited streaming of thousands of films and TV shows with Prime Video
- Unlimited access to a growing selection of over 2 million songs with Prime Music
- Secure unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos
- The ability to share selected Prime benefits with other members of the household with Amazon Household
- Unlimited reading on any device including thousands of books, magazines and more with Prime Reading.
Do it all at amazon.co.uk/prime.
Existing Vitality members can apply for Prime membership on Member Zone or on the Vitality Member app.
How do I save money on Prime with Vitality?
Prime normally costs £79 for an annual membership. To pay less with Vitality:
- Take out an eligible Health, Life or Invest plan
- Complete your online Health Review
- Link a compatible activity tracker to your Vitality account
- Earn 160 Vitality activity points a month to get the next month’s Prime membership on us.
If you don’t reach 160 activity points in a month, we’ll take a payment of £7.90 the following month, and in subsequent months, up to a maximum of 10 instalments equalling £79 towards your Prime membership.
You'll therefore be agreeing to a consumer credit agreement (0% APR) to set up a variable Direct Debit for 10 months. If you already have a loan agreement with etika, you'll need to add your Prime loan application to your existing account, otherwise it could be declined.
How do I get rewarded with Prime?
Join Vitality, enter into a consumer credit agreement for 1 year and get set up with Prime
Track your activity and earn 160 activity points
Pay nothing for Prime
If you earn fewer than 160 activity points one month, you’ll make a contribution of £7.90 towards your membership the next month – but the points you’ve earned will roll over. In months when you earn more than 160 activity points, any extra points will also roll over. Here’s an example:
Stanley takes out a VitalityHealth plan. He buys a compatible activity tracker and takes out the Prime membership reward, with £0 to pay upfront.
After completing his Health Review in month one, by month two he’s tracking his steps on an activity device and uploading them to his Vitality points statement. At the end of that month, he’s earned 160 activity points. This means he won’t have to make a contribution towards his Prime membership of £7.90 in month three, because Vitality pays it for him as a reward.
In month three he pulls a muscle, which means he only earns 100 activity points. In month four he makes a £7.90 contribution towards his Prime membership. But the 100 points he earned in month three roll over to month four.
Back to full fitness in month four, Stanley easily earns the remaining 60 activity points he needs to reach 160 activity points for this month, and so gets his Prime membership reward in month five. He carries on earning 160 points a month, so he doesn’t make any further contributions towards his Prime membership for this year.
Having stayed active and earned Prime rewards, Stanley renews his Prime membership with Vitality.
|Month 1||Month 2||Month 3||Month 4||Month 5||Month 6|
|Points earned||Join and set up||160||160||100||100 + 60||160|
|Points rolled over||N/A||No||No||Yes||No||No|
Frequently asked questions
Who can get Prime?
To get Prime through Vitality Active Rewards, you will need to have one of the following Vitality plans:
- VitalityHealth Personal Healthcare plan with a minimum monthly premium of £35.
- VitalityHealth Business Healthcare plan excluding members with Vitality at Work.
- VitalityHealth Corporate Healthcare plan or trust scheme administered by VitalityHealth with the Vitality Plus benefit.
- VitalityLife plan with a minimum monthly premium of £45 for a single policy and £60 for a joint policy provided you add Vitality Plus for £4.75 per month. If you downgrade your VitalityLife plan to one of our Select plans, all Vitality contributions will end from the day you downgrade.
The reward is limited to one Vitality member aged 18 and over per household.
How do I apply for Prime?
You can do this on Member Zone or on the Vitality Member app.
When you apply, you’ll need to take out a 12-month interest-free loan to the value of your Prime membership, with our finance partner etika, and pass a credit check at 0% APR and set up a variable monthly direct debit of between £0 and £7.90 for 12 months.
You’ll then receive a unique Prime membership code and your 14-day cooling off period will begin. This is valid for both your Prime membership and your loan agreement.
At this point you'll have two options:
- Wait 14 days to reveal your code
- Reveal your code straight away – this will waive your 14-day cooling off period with Vitality. You will not be able to return your Prime membership code once its revealed.
To activate your Prime membership, follow the link to Amazon.co.uk and enter your unique Prime membership code.
What if I'm already a Prime member?
If you have an active Prime membership, you can switch to a Prime membership with Vitality 21 days before your existing membership ends. So it's best to apply just before that date.
However, if you want to activate a Prime membership with Vitality now, your current Prime membership will simply extend by the length of your current membership, which could be up to 12 months.
Not sure about the end date?
Log in to your Amazon.co.uk account.
Call us on 0800 779 955
Award-winning health insurance from £1.15 per day
Monday to Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
Sunday and bank holidays: Closed
You’ll qualify for the Amazon Prime reward if you have one of the following Vitality plans:
- Health insurance - any private health insurance plan.
- Business health insurance
a. any small business health insurance plan.
b. any corporate health insurance plan or trust scheme administered by Vitality, with Vitality Plus benefits
- Life insurance - any life insurance plan with Vitality Plus benefits. You’ll also need to pay at least £45 a month for an individual Plan or £60 a month for a joint Plan, excluding any fee paid for Vitality Plus.
Applies to an annual Amazon Prime subscription on personal accounts only; it does not apply to Prime Student or any other discounted Prime membership and does not apply to business accounts. 18 years or over only. A credit check and eligibility criteria apply. Credit subject to status. 0% APR. Credit agreement for 12 months. Variable Direct Debit for 10 payments. Monthly payments depend on your level of activity and could be £0 or £7.90. The exclusive lender is etika. Vitality Corporate Services Limited acts as a credit broker and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office at 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ.
Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon Prime membership codes must be redeemed on amazon.co.uk/redeemprime by accepting the Amazon Prime Terms and providing a valid payment method. Your Amazon Prime membership automatically renews for the fee in effect at the time of renewal. You may cancel at any time by visiting Your Account and adjusting your membership settings. Amazon Prime membership codes cannot be transferred or resold and are not refundable. Amazon delivery restrictions apply. For more information about Amazon Prime, visit amazon.co.uk/prime. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Details correct as of November 2020. View the full terms and conditions