We are dedicated to moving towards virtual delivery of care without compromising on quality. This will help towards reducing the emissions related with the healthcare services we provide.
What it means for our members
Our members get value from their insurance, all while improving their health. As part of Discovery Group, we are committed to incentivising one billion healthy activities a year by 2030. Protecting and restoring the environment, are key enablers to delivery of this ambition.
Find out more in our VitalityHealth Claims Insight report.
From being early pioneers of virtual GP consultations, we are now seeing the development of digital pathways enabling easier access to treatment:
- Talking therapies accounts for 85% of all mental health claims.
- Vitality GP consultations have tripled from 2019 to 2022.
- Almost half of all claims are started online.
Driving positive behaviour change
Our personalised approach to prevention, helps our customers to tackle obesity, diabetes and smoking.
87% of Vitality members reach recommended weekly exercise guidelines compared to 61% of the population.
-27% reduction in the consumption of fatty food after one year
Smoking and obesity
Of members enrolled in Next-Best-Action pathways, 44% lost at least 4% of their body weight and 47% quit smoking.
Vitality Health Claims Insights Report 2023
We want to be a model employer in the UK. At Vitality we actively promote employee wellbeing and an inclusive working environment.
What it means for our people
All our employees have access to:
- Vitality's private medical insurance cover and our Vitality Programme
- Our Workplace Wellbeing programme which supports, physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing
- Our in-house coaches who deliver support services including weight management and mental wellbeing
- We launched an employee volunteering programme to give our employees the opportunity to be a force for good in society.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We know that an inclusive and diverse workforce is good for our employees, business and society.
That's why we've implemented initiatives to recruit, develop and advance women and minority groups at Vitality.
Vitality invests in national, local and community sports. Our goal is to inspire more people to take up physical activity and live healthier lives.
What it means for our communities
- As part of our sports sponsorship activity, we support charities and community groups that promote physical activity. These include parkrun, This Mum Runs and Women in Sport.
- Our Community Active Fund provides employees with grants to help their communities become more active.
- Our Make It Happen fund empowers employees to get more active through support and funding.
- We support three local charities chosen by employees in the locations where we have UK Vitality offices.