Sharing the benefits of good driving, with you
We like to celebrate and reward good driving. So, when you drive well, we give you the power to earn weekly rewards and control your costs. You can get rewarded for car-free days too.
When you buy a car insurance plan, we’ll share the benefits of good driving with you. Here's how it works:
- Understand your driving – download and link the Vitality Member app to your Good Driving sensor. Then attach your sensor in your car to measure your trips.
- Drive well – use the app and sensor to earn Vitality points and see where you can improve your driving. The better you drive, the more points you can earn.
- Get rewarded – earn weekly rewards and build a Good Driving status to lower your excess by up to £250 in the event of a claim. Achieve Gold or Platinum status and stay claim free to earn a No Increase Guarantee at renewal.
Understand and improve your driving
When you become a Good Driving member, we’ll send you a Good Driving sensor. It’ll measure the following driving behaviours:
- Distracted driving, and
Once linked to the Vitality Member app, you’ll be able to understand your driving performance.
For each trip you make your driving behaviours will show as green, amber or red. Amber or red will show if you’ve had at least one driving event, for example, if there was sudden acceleration or braking. That includes any named drivers on your plan. Their driving will also contribute towards your points and rewards.
Rest assured; your premium will never go up mid-term due to your driving.
If you drive well, you can earn up to six daily points. Drive well most days, or leave the car at home, and you could earn up to 40 weekly points.
Get rewarded with an excess reduction
The better you drive, the more points you can earn towards your Good Driving status. When you improve your Good Driving status, you can reduce your excess by up to £250 in the event of a claim.
Achieve Gold or Platinum status and stay claim free to earn a No Increase Guarantee at renewal. Terms apply.
|Good Driving status||Excess reduction|
0 to 999 points
1,000 to 1,399 points
1,400 to 1,799 points
Get rewarded for creating a greener future
Our Good Driving Programme also rewards you for making greener choices.
When you earn Vitality points for driving well, we'll offset up to 100% of your carbon emissions. Achieve your full daily points to earn carbon neutral days.
And on the days you choose not to drive, we’ll reward you with six Vitality points for each car-free day.More on a greener future
Good Driving FAQs
What are the status-linked excess reduction and No Increase Guarantee terms and conditions?
- We'll use your Good Driving status at the date of the event that led to the claim, to work out what excess, if any, is applicable.
- It's your responsibility - and is in your best interests – to ensure your points are up to date in the Vitality Member app to ensure you get the maximum benefit.
- The reduction is applied to your total excess payable, which includes any compulsory and voluntary excesses. We’ll also apply a £0 excess if your status-linked excess reduction exceeds your total plan excess, in the event of a claim.
- The reward applies to each and every claim where you are liable to pay an excess. This does not include windscreen claims and claims where the excess can be claimed back from a third party.
No Increase Guarantee:
- If you qualify for the No Increase Guarantee, we’ll confirm this in good time before your annual renewal date.
- It is your responsibility - and is in your best interests – to ensure your points are up to date to ensure you earn this reward.
- Your renewal premium will be based on the most recent premium. This would typically be the premium accepted on your previous annual renewal invite or cover start date, unless you’ve made any changes to your plan within the period of insurance. If you’ve made changes to your plan during the period of insurance, we’ll use the adjusted annual price at the time of the change, not the premium when you bought the plan.
- Windscreen claims and claims that can be fully recovered from a third party do not count as a claim for the purposes of this reward. However, any other claims made during the period of insurance will make you ineligible for the No Increase Guarantee.
Which settings need to be enabled on my smartphone for the app to function correctly?
Will you report me to the police if I don't drive well?
No, we will not give your driving behaviour data to the authorities.
The Good Driving sensor and Vitality Member app help you to know how to improve your driving. They also enable us to reward you for driving well.