The Credit Card that rewards you with a healthy cashback booster
for being active1
Representative 22.9% APR variable
Based on no annual Card fee, assumed credit limit of £1,200, and purchase
rate of 22.9% variable.
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to approval. Interest rates link to the Bank of England base rate.
Please click here for more information.
Get up to 2% cashback
The new Vitality American Express® Credit Card rewards you with a healthy cashback booster. The more active you are, the more cashback booster you can earn, based on your monthly activity and how many eligible Vitality plans you have. You can earn up to 1% cashback from American Express, and up to 1% cashback booster with an eligible Health or Life plan. If you took out a second eligible Health or Life plan, you could get an additional 1% cashback booster.1
It also gives you all the benefits, reassurance and flexibility that come with one of the world’s leading card providers.
Get up to £149 back with Apple Watch and Runners Need
Buy Apple Watch Series 5 through Vitality Health to track your activity and we’ll give you a £99 statement credit when you pay the initial deposit of £99 or more using your Vitality American Express Credit Card. To take out the Apple Watch benefit, you’ll need to agree to a consumer credit agreement (0% APR) and set up a variable Direct Debit for 24 months. Vitality Corporate Services Limited acts as a credit broker. Exclusive lender is PayBreak Limited.
We’re also offering £50 back2 when you spend £50 or more with Runners Need using your Vitality American Express Credit Card.
Apple Watch offer is available to eligible VitalityHealth members until 30 April 2020. The Runners Need offer is available to all eligible members until 30 April 2020 and £50 minimum spend applies after allowing for any applicable Vitality discount. Minimum monthly premium, eligibility criteria and offer terms and conditions apply. These offers can only be used once and can be redeemed individually or combined. For both offers, spend must be billed to your Vitality American Express Credit Card by the closing date for each offer. Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 30/4/20. American Express terms and conditions apply.
How the Vitality healthy cashback booster works
You can earn Vitality cashback booster on the first £1,000 of purchases per month. Vitality cashback booster will be paid once a year, in the thirteenth month after the Vitality American Express Credit Card anniversary date. This will be paid direct to the Card Account.
Each month's cashback booster rate is based on the activity points earned two months prior. So you won't earn Vitality cashback booster until the start of the third calendar month after you activate the benefit with Vitality. You can earn Vitality cashback booster on the first £1000 of purchases each month. You'll earn no cashback booster on purchases under £4, when your rate is 0.25%.
Get American Express® cashback on purchases, too
The Vitality American Express Credit Card also gives you all the benefits, reassurance and flexibility that come with one of the world’s leading card providers:
- Spend £0 to £5,000 and get 0.5% cashback on purchases
- Spend over £5,000 and get 1% cashback on purchases
The more purchases you make on your Card, the more cashback you can earn. As long as you spend a minimum of £3,000 in your Card membership year, every full £1 you spend on purchases qualifies for cashback.3
Other Card benefits
- American Express Travel Accident Insurance – up to £150,000 on public transport when you buy a ticket with your Card.
- Global Assist – providing 24/7 help when you travel outside the UK.
- Purchase and Refund Protection – covering eligible items bought using your Card.
- Fraud Guarantee – if you don’t recognise a purchase, American Express will remove it from your account immediately and investigate it for you.
- Complimentary Supplementary Cards – earn cashback faster. Share the benefits of your Vitality American Express Credit Card with those closest to you and earn cashback for their purchases.
- American Express Offers – from their range of retail and travel partners.
- American Express Experiences – enjoy access to purchase tickets to some of the most in-demand music, film and theatre events in town.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add Supplementary Cards for other members of my family?
How many Vitality American Express Credit Cards can I have?
What if I already have an American Express Credit Card?
If you already have another American Express Credit Card, you can still apply for a Vitality American Express Credit Card.
Who do I contact if I have a query about my American Express cashback rate?
- To be eligible for this benefit, you must have a permanent UK home address, a current UK bank or building society account, and no history of bad debt.
- Eligibility for this offer is subject to financial circumstances and status and you’ll need to pass a credit check.
- You must be 18 years old or over, a Vitality principal member, spouse, or adult dependant on at least one eligible Vitality plan. These are:
- a Personal Healthcare plan with a minimum monthly premium of £35
- a Business Healthcare plan, excluding members with Vitality Essentials
- a Corporate Healthcare plan or Healthcare Trust with Vitality Plus
- a VitalityLife plan with Vitality Plus and a minimum monthly premium above £60, excluding any fees for Vitality Plus
- a VitalityLife plan with Vitality Optimiser or Wellness Optimiser where the Vitality Plus premium is paid, and the minimum monthly premium is above £60, excluding any fees for Vitality Plus.
- Only one Vitality American Express Credit Card benefit can be taken out per household, by any eligible adult on the plan. Additional Supplementary Cards may be applied for but the initial Vitality member will be the main Cardmember. There is no requirement for the additional adults to be Vitality members. The addition of extra card members is managed solely by American Express.
- You will need to complete the online Health Review on the Member Zone before you can apply for the Card.
- You need to earn from 40 to 160+ Vitality activity points per month to earn the Vitality cashback booster.
- From time to time, we may change the way we award points for tracking physical activity, but you’ll always be able to claim the monthly Vitality cashback booster by getting active.
- Vitality cashback will be paid once a year, in the thirteenth month after the Vitality American Express Credit Card anniversary date. This will be paid direct to the Card Account.
- VitalityHealth and VitalityLife are trading names of Vitality Corporate Services Limited who, for the purposes of this offer, is acting as a credit broker only and not a lender.
- Vitality Corporate Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office at 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ.
- American Express Services Europe Limited has its registered office at Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. It is registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Further Vitality terms and conditions apply
- The Vitality American Express Credit Card is subject to American Express terms and conditions.
Details correct as of November 2019.
1 We calculate your Vitality cashback booster based on how many eligible Vitality plans you have and how many Vitality activity points you earn each month, using a Vitality-compatible device. Each month’s cashback booster rate is based on the activity points earned two months previously. So you won’t earn Vitality cashback booster until the start of the third calendar month after you activate the benefit with Vitality. You can earn Vitality cashback booster on the first £1,000 of purchases each month. You’ll earn no cashback booster on purchases under £4, when your rate is 0.25%.
2 Get a statement credit of £50 on your Vitality American Express Credit Card when you spend a minimum of £50. Spend must be billed to your Vitality American Express Credit Card by 30 April 2020. Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 days from qualifying spend but may take up to 90 days from 30/4/2020.
3 You will earn American Express cashback for purchases on your Credit Card Account. The value of each purchase will be rounded up or down to the nearest full penny before cashback is calculated. Subject to the other Terms and Conditions set out below and any promotional offer we make, you will earn American Express cashback at the rate of: 0.5% for the first £5,000 of purchases on your Credit Card Account in the preceding 12 months; and 1% on purchases on your Credit Card Account over £5,000 in the preceding 12 months. You must have made purchases on your Credit Card Account of at least £3,000 within the Credit Card membership year applicable to your Credit Card Account to be eligible to receive your American Express cashback. Cashback will be paid by crediting your Account during each Credit Card anniversary month on the expenditure that has taken place during the preceding 12 months. Cashback is not earned on Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, American Express Travellers’ Cheques, Foreign Exchange transactions, interest, any spending in excess of your credit limit, charges for returned payments, late payment or referral charges and American Express Credit Card finance charges.